Found a script to help with batting but I have no idea how to get it to run

davestovies

Hi all. 

I was back on Yakuza 0 trying to finish the batting completion list requirement, and I've been tearing my hair out at it. I did some Googling and found a post on another trophy site that talks about using Remote Play on PC/Mac and then running a script to help pass the Super Gold Rush batting for the completion list. The only problem is that the post is a few years old now, and as someone who knows very little about scripts or coding, I can't get the script to work for me. 

Here's a link to the original post talking about the batting script. I'm on Mac and have tried running the script with Remote Play open. I had a look at some other posts online about using scripts with Remote Play, and I've fiddled around with it, but every time I run it, it just doesn't do anything, or if I change any of the text, it runs into some error, and the script won't run. 

I know many people will probably moan about me trying to cheese the minigame, but honestly, I don't care. I've spent enough time trying it, and it's a pain in the ass to get the script to work, so I think finding out how to use it should count for something, given the effort. Hopefully, someone who is also having trouble with batting has a better idea of getting this script to run. Like I said, I've been looking up other posts to figure out how to get it to work, but nothing has worked so far.

On 1/2/2024 at 1:49 AM, davestovies said:

Hi all. 

I was back on Yakuza 0 trying to finish the batting completion list requirement, and I've been tearing my hair out at it. I did some Googling and found a post on another trophy site that talks about using Remote Play on PC/Mac and then running a script to help pass the Super Gold Rush batting for the completion list. The only problem is that the post is a few years old now, and as someone who knows very little about scripts or coding, I can't get the script to work for me. 

Here's a link to the original post talking about the batting script. I'm on Mac and have tried running the script with Remote Play open. I had a look at some other posts online about using scripts with Remote Play, and I've fiddled around with it, but every time I run it, it just doesn't do anything, or if I change any of the text, it runs into some error, and the script won't run. 

I know many people will probably moan about me trying to cheese the minigame, but honestly, I don't care. I've spent enough time trying it, and it's a pain in the ass to get the script to work, so I think finding out how to use it should count for something, given the effort. Hopefully, someone who is also having trouble with batting has a better idea of getting this script to run. Like I said, I've been looking up other posts to figure out how to get it to work, but nothing has worked so far.

I was having troubles with battling too, until I found out you have a clue on when to hit the ball once kiryu swings his bat, basically the animation stops for about .5 seconds. If you practice enough you'll get the timing, and once you have it you are good to go, just hit 6 balls, quit the minigame and repeat 5 times. I know it seems impossible or very tough, but trust me when I tell you I literally got it without watching the ball but only by looking at kiryu.

Yeah. At the start, Kiryu will stand there and have the bat going back and forth, but when his bat stops moving and he stiffens up that is when you want to swing. With some practice it isn't that bad, I promise. Look up a video of the batting and watch it and you'll see what I mean.

• Like 1