Survival Tips? Just picked this back up

Hey, so I just got back to this and I don't really know what to do anymore. I read the amazing guide, but right now I'm level 27, completed all the easy stages and only one left on medium. Haven't touched hard yet. Very few stars so far. 

What's the best way to level up? And which boosters or things should I buy for the best return on my currency? I have ~4000 blue thingies and ~800 gold saved up. But the guide doesn't really go into detail here. Can someone please post a little roadmap to tackling Crushing... It?

I know there's level restrictions (player cap level 20 for medium, 40 for hard, 50 for Crushing) and I assume it's good to be that level. Also best to have level 4 and 5 weapons. Also, playing everything once should give a first time EXP bonus. Same with getting x stars for the first time... 

Edited by Cashaddi

• 4 weeks later...

level up to 40-50, get all the level 4-5 weapons and play a LOT on the weekend. There are some beast players, they can get you through easily on 3 stars.

Goes without saying, but no need to do hard bosses, until you have all the level 3 weapons. after that you can move on to hard, and then to crushing.