Beating King

Yuber6969

I've beat him twice, out of memory he isn't that hard, if you avoid to enter his game.

Set the style of your character to throw powerful shots or even powerful aces, so you can corner him, run to the net, and smash/shot to the other corner. When he is the one serving, he'll try to go to the net so you can use :triangle: against it. He also has some weird slow shots so be prepared for them. Basically, don't give him any easy ball, and don't throw anything to his good hand while he's serving.

Edit: if you're on arcade mode, just select Roddick or Nadal.

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 1

It's been awhile since I played this, definitely an annoying trophy even on easy.

During your first time serving you can actually cheese him a little bit by playing around with positioning as the Trueachievements solution mentions:

"Before serve, move to the middle, king moves towards middle too. Then move a little bit back, search for the spot where king doesn't move back. You can put usually ace on left corner in 1st game".

Then for the 2nd and 3rd game I would just play defensively and build up your power bar until you can do your special move. As long as you are patient and wait for an opportunity where he is far into one corner, you can generally win the point by using the special move to put it into the opposite corner, since the ball is returned so fast even if it is an awkward angle for you. And you just need to do that 4x to win!

Edited by VersusCA
  • Like 1