Auto-popping from another platform (PC, Xbox, Switch)

Ashfawks

I play Warframe pretty much exclusively on Steam and with the announcement yesterday of cross-progression/cross-save now being available to all, I linked my PSN account and tested to see if it would auto-pop my achievements earned over here.

I can confirm most of my achievements popped the relevant trophies on PS5 (At least from the ones I have unlocked.)

However, the trophy "Chains of Harrow," unlocked by completing the Chains of Harrow quest, did not pop despite being listed as completed in-game. It's possible to replay quests from the Codex So I'll try replaying it on PS5 to see if that'll make it pop and I'll update here when I get around to it. Maybe someone else who's trying to auto-pop from another platform could chime in?

EDIT: I quickly ran through the "Chains of Harrow" quest again using the replay quest function in the codex, this time on PlayStation itself, and the trophy popped just fine. Odd circumstances but I'm glad it isn't unobtainable! 

Edited by Ashfawks

I also play on Steam (over 100 hours, not far with the quests I think, 56 achievements, only stats related)

and I plan to link accounts and go for PS4 list first but I want to get some confirmations first.

I remember I launched PS4 version sometime but I didn't event finish 1st mission.

For "Chains of Harrow", it's not on the Steam list but it has 193 achievements total, so kind of every trophy list is different.

Also note if you want your progress, items, or currency merged - it will end in the future (should worry only if played on many platforms), cross save will stay:

Is the One-Time Account Merge available forever?

No. One-Time Account Merges will only be available for a limited time. The ability to Merge will close at a later time with a one-month warning before the end date. However, Account Linking will remain available in perpetuity and will always allow for Cross Platform Save.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

just wanted to give you a technical explanation for why this happens.

Trophys are coded the way it looks at your Warframe Profile and pops a Trophy when the corresponding Achievement in your Warframe Profile is completed.

For some reason the Cross Save Migration/Merge did not unlocked the Chains of Harrow Quest - resulting in the Trophy not popping.

But if you do the Quest on the Playstation again, the Quest is marked as Completed on the Profile and will pop the Trophy afterwards.

One thing I noticed too:

I recently changed my name on Warframe. I wanted a Name that was taken by someone else (MR1 nothing leveled). I asked Support if I still can have the name because the Account is inactive.

To my surprise - they said sure no problem and they changed my Name. I dont know what happened to the Account that had my name but one funny thing I noticed is that I have my OLD NAME on PS and my NEW NAME on PC despite being merged and being one Account. The things I do on PC are also on PS so its the same Cross Account but I have different Names. Very funky

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So besides the Chains of Harrow thing, is auto popping pretty much working fine now? I almost 100% the game on PS4, but my steam account is hundreds of hours and way ahead content wise so I was thinking of merging my accounts, but I'm worried about trophies like maxing out syndicates as those events can't be redone like quests.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm continuing to play on Steam, unlocked a few more trophies and so far, all other trophies have auto-popped perfectly fine. I can't confirm for ALL trophies, but I think it's potentially just the quest related trophies that get stuck but thankfully can be popped by replaying them. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna ask here before I even attempt it.

I've been playing on PC (Steam) since 2015 and I've got almost all of the achievements (at this point I'm missing 4 of them or so and I plan to get them over this week). I already linked all my accounts to my PC one as the main one, and the save transfer was a success both on Switch and on Xbox. On Xbox in particular all of my previous Steam achievements were unlocked without issues (barring Chains of Harrow which I just unlocked by replaying the related quest). I'm reading about lots of people having issues with autopopping the trophies on the PS4 version of the game, while no such issues seem to occur on the PS5 version.

My question is: has anybody here attempted a similar PC->PS4 transfer and autopop and if so, has it 100% succeeded? I'd like to avoid having a trophy list I can't complete due to a bugged autopop, so any feedback on this would be greatly helpful.

On 3/11/2024 at 9:53 AM, Valtekken173 said:

I'm gonna ask here before I even attempt it.

I've been playing on PC (Steam) since 2015 and I've got almost all of the achievements (at this point I'm missing 4 of them or so and I plan to get them over this week). I already linked all my accounts to my PC one as the main one, and the save transfer was a success both on Switch and on Xbox. On Xbox in particular all of my previous Steam achievements were unlocked without issues (barring Chains of Harrow which I just unlocked by replaying the related quest). I'm reading about lots of people having issues with autopopping the trophies on the PS4 version of the game, while no such issues seem to occur on the PS5 version.

My question is: has anybody here attempted a similar PC->PS4 transfer and autopop and if so, has it 100% succeeded? I'd like to avoid having a trophy list I can't complete due to a bugged autopop, so any feedback on this would be greatly helpful.

So I tried to do exactly as you described, transferring my PC account over to my PS4 version. I have most trophies on PS4 but a few pain in the butt grindy ones left, my PC account however has everything done as it was my main way before so I wanted to just merge them to unlock what's left. 

Sadly, nothing autopopped. I checked my achievements in game and everything is "completed" but the trophies didn't autopop (stuff like max rank with solaris, revive 100 allies, etc.). Maybe for the tracker ones I could pop one more kill/revive/whatever and it would then unlock the trophy but I haven't tried. As for max rank syndicate trophies, I have no idea how I might get those to pop as I can't fulfill the conditions again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mst-Sgt-Peppa said:

So I tried to do exactly as you described, transferring my PC account over to my PS4 version. I have most trophies on PS4 but a few pain in the butt grindy ones left, my PC account however has everything done as it was my main way before so I wanted to just merge them to unlock what's left. 

Sadly, nothing autopopped. I checked my achievements in game and everything is "completed" but the trophies didn't autopop (stuff like max rank with solaris, revive 100 allies, etc.). Maybe for the tracker ones I could pop one more kill/revive/whatever and it would then unlock the trophy but I haven't tried. As for max rank syndicate trophies, I have no idea how I might get those to pop as I can't fulfill the conditions again.

Thanks for the info, I'll just skip the PS4 version and sync the PS5 version only since that one isn't known to have any issues. If they ever go back and fix it I'll sync the PS4 version too.