Is this a good remake for Persona 3 FES?

When I saw P3 Portable (on ps4) trying to turn Persona 3 into a graphic novel (when the P3 FES version on the Ps2 was a lot better than that already) I was definitely disappointed. Persona 3 Reload, on the other hand, looks like a true next-gen remake of the original Persona 3 FES from the Ps2 days. So, is that what it really is? Does it deliver like the original? Or is it a remake that changes things that shouldn't have changed?

I want to make sure that it is the real deal before I consider getting it. 😎

Edited by ValkerianCreator

I personally think it’s a fantastic game and a really good remake.

As it stands, it’s basically a remake of the OG Persona, before FES, however it retains elements from FES (new Persona, Aigis SL, etc). It also includes other things that weren’t present in previous versions, such as Link Episodes for the male party members (which are basically Social Links in everything but name). All Social Links are also fully voiced. There is actually plenty more new content.

It doesn’t contain The Answer or FeMC route, however; a reliable insider claims that Atlus are currently working on The Answer to be released as DLC (along with other unspecified DLC - it should be noted that FeMC has been hard deconfirmed, though).

I’d say if you enjoyed FES, definitely consider getting this, especially if we are getting The Answer.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

As an original fan, no for me I played the shit out of it on ps2 thousands and thousands of hours, I feel like this has lost that charm of what 3/4 used to be and they wanted to make it more like 5, and the VA change is gross. I can't stand some of new VA compared to old cast (which is much better)