Game freezing again and again after playing PL

NeoZaine

Hi. I have a problem with the PS5 version of the game. A have around 110 hours in the game, and everything was fine until I started playing Phantom Liberty yesterday and turn off the console. Today, I,m trying to play the game, but I can,t literally do nothing. When I press options to access to the main menu, the game crash a few seconds later. I reinstalled the game but it doesn´t work. Does anyone has the same problem?

Edited by NeoZaine

Sorry to hear that, that's frustrating af. I did not experience this personally, but below is a link I found that may offer some fixes and/or work-arounds. Hopefully they help straighten things out. Quite a few people on Reddit are reporting similar problems, maybe it has something to do with the most recent patch and has yet to be fixed

https://www.destructoid.com/how-to-fix-cyberpunk-2077-phantom-liberty-crashing/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NeoZaine said:

Hi. I have a problem with the PS5 version of the game. A have around 110 hours in the game, and everything was fine until I started playing Phantom Liberty yesterday and turn off the console. Today, I,m trying to play the game, but I can,t literally do nothing. When I press options to access to the main menu, the game crash a few seconds later. I reinstalled the game but it doesn´t work. Does anyone has the same problem?

Yeah, I had this earlier. Just had it again after the game just crashed. The way I got it to fix earlier was to restart the console, and it worked first try after that. I hope they'll fix it soon, but I might well be done with the platinum by then, and I don't have Phantom Liberty yet, so it isn't that.

I have the same issue. Only fix I found was to play offline (ie going to settings, network and disabling the internet connection).

As soon as I activate back internet, the game freezes.

It was working fine before this evening, so I'm assuming there's an issue on their cloud servers end causing the freeze

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NeoZaine said:

Start from the Playstation Menu, the card, i dont know how its caled, but you can see it when you press the playstation button, that helps for me. or you press fast, when its loaed the first screen with all the navigationpoints press fast X.

On 2/8/2024 at 9:59 PM, DarkorlightAlex said:

I have the same issue. Only fix I found was to play offline (ie going to settings, network and disabling the internet connection).

As soon as I activate back internet, the game freezes.

It was working fine before this evening, so I'm assuming there's an issue on their cloud servers end causing the freeze

Yeah, that worked, thanks! I just got my platinum!

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 1:37 AM, NeoZaine said:

Yeah, that worked, thanks! I just got my platinum!

Glad to read that it worked.

I was able to play while online again after deleting some save files. 

I believe the game crashed when trying to sync the saves on the cross save server when the files got too big.

Just letting the info here in case someone finds it useful 

• Like 1