Region Compatibility Around trophy lists

k0edb

Hello guys, i don't know if im posting on the correct place. I did some research on the internet but couldn't manage to find a goos answer.

Im from brazil and i will be moving to Australia soon, my question is about my trophy lists and savefiles.

I have a couple games open in my account that are bought across USA and Brazilian store but i don't have access to them anymore. My question is: If i buy them in australia, physical or digital will it work or it will generate a separate list (AS) or (EUR)?

Because I was planning to start my backlog cleanup and i don't want to add stuff by mistake lol

If you were to buy digital games through the Australian PSN store, it counts as EU region if a game has a separate trophy list for that region. (In some cases, EU & NA share a list and a separate stack might apply for Asian regions) - I hope this helps in some way. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, k0edb said:

Will it work or it will generate a separate list (AS) or (EUR)?

Depends on what you mean by "work"? 

When you buy a new copy/key of a game that's already on your Trophy list, new unlocked trophies would appear on the same list (i.e. no new lists would be added to your PSN profile). However, if the game deliberately has a seperate list corresponding with the region of purchase , then a new Trophy list will appear on your account

Take the Persona franchise for example; if a player starts a game corresponding with a region - say, North America whereas the previous version played was European - then a new list will appear on that player's profile. 

This happens on a game-by-game basis and can only be worked-out by sifting through Trophy-tracking websites. 

Regardless of the existence of mutiple Trophy-list versions, in-game progress does not carry across different regional copies of games. If a players unlocks a character's custom on a European version of a game, then that same custom would not appear when booting up the North American version of the same game. Likewise, if a Trophy's requirement is "Kill 500 enemies" and the player achieves 499 kills on a European version, the trophy would not pop after killing the 500th enemy on the North American version. Instead, players would need to re-do all 500 kills in order to unlock the Trophy whilst playing that other version. 

• Like 1