Recommended control settings

Hey all, big fan of the game here, I have some recommendations for control settings! The original game used the face buttons for aiming unless you hooked it up to a PS3 to get access to DualShock 3 controls, which thankfully is how the game presents in this new emulated release. That said, the default DS3 controls are, in my opinion, a bit of an acquired taste. To that end, I have some recommendations to make the game feel better!

In the Options menu, under the Adjusts submenu, I recommend turning Vertical Speed, Horizontal Speed, and Acceleration up to 17/20. This will make the right stick feel much snappier overall. I found maxing the values out made it too snappy for my tastes, but of course, feel free to experiment!

My second recommendation is more personal preference, but under the Toggles submenu, I prefer having Auto Recenter set to be off. This feature automatically recenters the camera's vertical axis to face forward after you stop moving the right stick for a bit. When aiming with buttons I find this makes a lot more sense because it's a touch more tedious to do, but with a stick I find I don't like how the game assumes my intent with the camera. Funny how different input devices can elicit a different reaction like that, huh?

Hope you guys enjoy the game!

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...