Is EXP bugged??

amv_a

Hi.

I have played Persona 3 multiple times over the years and I am loving this remake but something is confusing for me, I was farming EXP yesterday and I realized that character experience count either is not working well or works different, for example I could have 350 exp points to level up and gaining 90 exp battling would only lower the amount to 335-ish.

Is this a known bug or the exp shown in the screen after the battle belongs to Persona's exp?

I don't remember it working that way ever in the Persona franchise from original Persona 3 up until this game.

Persona 3 original, and hell most of the persona games do EXP odd, it's just barely noticeable in those ones; but if you where to gain 300 EXP, and had 3 party members, each character only gets 100.

The game more or less expects you to level up via the floor-bosses or the main story bosses as they'll be the ones that give large boosts to exp.

What I've been doing is either removing characters from the party to reduce/avoid the EXP split or letting them die in battle which will also take them out of the equation from what I can tell. That way you can focus certain characters.