Estimated DLC Time to Completion

teejota22

I foolishly did not back up my main game save years ago back when I got the platinum trophy. I have just purchased the dlc. Does anyone have a good idea how long it would take for me to get through all the dlc achievements? I'm assuming the guide at 30 hours assumes you have a completed save file. 

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I'd update this, in case anyone finds themselves in a similar situation. All in,  clearing all dlc trophies from no existing save file took me 45 hours.

20 hours were for my first speed run through the main story and dlc using the EZ codes. I kept the deadly blow code on and breezed through the main story and remind dlc, before grinding up to level 99 obtaining the ultima weapon and fighting the data battles. Coming from someone who is not very good at this game, most of the data battles are tough but learnable and fair. Yozora is a different animal though. He is probably the hardest boss I've ever fought, and took me more time to beat than Orphan of Kos, Gael, and Ishin Sword Saint combined. He is a menace and I don't think I could beat him again if I tried 😂

25 hours were for my pro code playthrough. I played with only the ultima weapon and grand chef keybladd for heals when casting spells. I kept all pro codes on for all main story bosses and the remind dlc. I did get all lucky emblems and all chests (for the best gear and available stat boosts), however I did not grind materials to craft additional strength/magic/defense boosts. I turned off the default stats starting at Dark Inferno (who is so damn tanky), and then for the data battles I turned off No Defense as well. This gave be a little over 19,000 points a fight, requiring me to fight 10 of the 13 (I didn't fight Saix, or Xion / Master Xehanort). The data battles even with those codes off were quite challenging for me, with Terra Xehanort specifically taking me two hours to beat. The others typically went down within 30 min to an hour. 

Overall, I'd agree with the rating on the guide. There are probably quite a few people who found it easier, as they are better and have more experience with the KH games however for me there was a fairly steep learning curve. Understanding that you can really only punish bosses during a defined window, vs when they appear to be open, is something you definitely have to master when fighting with all or most of the pro codes on. 

21 minutes ago, teejota22 said:

25 hours were for my pro code playthrough. I played with only the ultima weapon and grand chef keybladd for heals when casting spells. I kept all pro codes on for all main story bosses and the remind dlc. I did get all lucky emblems and all chests (for the best gear and available stat boosts), however I did not grind materials to craft additional strength/magic/defense boosts.

25h is a good time.

I can't manage to pass Lump of Horror with my current gear and all pro codes activated. Do you have any tips for it?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, giinha said:

25h is a good time.

I can't manage to pass Lump of Horror with my current gear and all pro codes activated. Do you have any tips for it?

That one sucked. I found the beginning part to be pretty manageable and was relatively straightforward. The hardest part for me was when it summons those annoying hands. 

I tried to save mp to use thundaga to knock them out and potentially heal when they are spawned. When the boss spawns the hands all around the outside of the arena I went to a corner and cleared out all of them around there, then I got in the bosses face on that side (so hopefully no fireballs would hit me) and blocked the wing strike and kept countering. You can get in a decent loop that way. 

One thing I'd say, is that especially on the story bosses they are worth such comparably low points that if you are struggling a ton (typically Lump of Horror, Skoll, or the triple xehanort fight), it's worth it to turn a few codes off to get through them. You can easily make the points back on the data fights ( I didn't even fight 3 of them or Yozora). 

Edited by teejota22
  • Like 1