WiFi connection tip for better overall experience

Inuty

I faced the issue that I wasnt able to connect with my friend in a stable voice chat or within games since i moved and selected a new internet provider. Normally it took now forever until a connection was established. The same problem i had with ps+ cloud upload/download. In the network setting i saw that my Internet connection was always fine, but the PSN network wasnt able to sign in and sometime it just disconnected for me, which really lowered my overall enjoyment of gaming since i moved.

I did find a solution on reddit which worked like a charm for me and my friend, so i wanted to share this with all of you if you face similar problems. It seems like it is not working for everyone, but i think it is worth a try and you can easily change it back to the default setting again if this results into problems for you!

I guess most people are using the default settings like me for connecting their WiFi to their PS5. I configured now my WiFi different from the DNS ports in the network settings. As primary I use now 8.8.4.4 and as secondary I use now 8.8.8.8 . Seems like this are the Google DNS Servers which work fantastic. With automatically choosen DNS settings it will prefer your Internet Provider DNS Servers, which are completly garbage on my end. After changing i was able to to play without a problem with my friend much faster and in addition it solved my ps+ cloud download/upload problem as well.

I hope this post will help some more people, like it helped me.

• Like 3