All future (and past) heroes become FREE in Season 10

Maxie_M0us3

https://www.polygon.com/24084166/overwatch-2-season-10-new-heroes-unlocked-free-venture

You read that right. Starting Season 10 with the upcoming hero Venture, all future (and previous) heroes since Overwatch “”“2””” launch will be no more locked behind battle pass. No more battle pass, no more paywall, no more mindless tedious 30 wins grind “challenges” to unlock them the next season. The heroes will be FREE to play right away.

New players will still need to play matches to unlock the original heroes, and after 150 matches, all OW “2” heroes are unlocked as well.

Maybe, I don’t know, they should NOT HAVE DONE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?! It should have stayed like the original Overwatch was meant to be: all modes, maps, and heroes for free, cosmetics you decide to pay (or grind). (Bring back lootboxes please!!!!) As a former Overwatch fan, I was turned off at Season 2, after I saw how Overwatch has become when it became “2”. 5v5, all the predatory monetization scheme, heroes locked behind paywall, and finally the original plan for PvE was canned.

No praise from my part, just relief. At last, I can finally get back to it and get 100% trophies again.

Edited by Maxie_M0us3
  • Like 2

Too little, too late, I say, but that is good news for us trophy hunters. I'd love to return to get 100% out of the way (think I got a good 65-70% or so legitimately when I was really into OW 1) but never have the time to join in on those long organized groups for boosting unfortunately.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Creasy007 said:

Too little, too late, I say, but that is good news for us trophy hunters. I'd love to return to get 100% out of the way (think I got a good 65-70% or so legitimately when I was really into OW 1) but never have the time to join in on those long organized groups for boosting unfortunately.

Indeed. I did 100% all trophies legit before OW “2” was out. The achievement, man!

Still, I gotta get the impossible trophy left to Keriko, Junker Queen, and Sojourn. 💀

• Like 1

Honestly, them being in the battle pass didn't bother me much at first, because I was still playing a good amount.  Didn't really take too long to unlock them to me.  That said, I'm glad heroes aren't in the battle pass going forward.  Especially now that I barely play any.  I'll still want to log in and play the new heroes some, but I probably wouldn't do that if I still had to unlock them at this point.

I have no intention of ever getting 100% of the trophies.  The few I have left are ones that are too much of a pain/time sink to ever get for me.