Any tips on what summons to use on each character?

I remember in FF7 remake there were best in slot summons for each specific character like Chocobo+Moogle for Tifa, Ifrit for Cloud and Shiva for aerith, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on the ones in this game, I'm up to

Odin

and was wondering what everyone else was thinking

To be honest I've just used them to see them in combat and what attacks do they have but I feel they're pretty useless... At least on the first playthrough, maybe they become mandatory on hard. Phoenix has a nice autorevival option.

25 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

To be honest I've just used them to see them in combat and what attacks do they have but I feel they're pretty useless... At least on the first playthrough, maybe they become mandatory on hard. Phoenix has a nice autorevival option.

I meant in terms of the base stats they provide, I agree that until now the only abilities I really liked were phoenix's aswell

• Like 1

For a few hard mode fights I've used specific summons but generally i just give folks a summon that buffs that stats their using. And as far as i can tell it's pretty straight forward by the end of the game you generally have 2-3 physical damage summons, 2-3 magic summons, 1-2 defensive summons so you just slot according to how you're building each character.

Like you guys have mentioned I don't often actually use them for their abilities b/c 2 ATB bars are precious and that's just to get them on the field then having to use more atb to do the abilities seems pretty bad. By comparison your late game DPS characters will be doing 6k per weapon attack and your support characters will need their ATB to buff/heal. The only summon I do use is Phoenix on fights where I need to the reraise for 0 mana cost, which is like 2 or 3 of the hardest VR fights.

Edited by gdsoccer11
  • Like 2