Spirit of Vengeance trophy

ghibransiregar

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem today. I will update if I find a solution.

*****UPDATE***** - less than 30 mins later I have the trophies.

OK I read a load of forums and found absolutely nothing regarding solutions but lots of complaints about this not popping. So I started messing around and I have very good news with a potential caveat. 

I deleted the game and reinstalled the disc but paused any updates (unsure if a digital version will work because of auto updates but serves you right for renting digital games LOL.)

The game miraculously loaded my save file (sometimes loading newer saves in older versions of games doesn't work or breaks things) 
My playtime on the character select menu was wrong and said 17 hours when I know it's more like 30 hours played.
It also claimed I was level 30 but in the updated version I'm actually level 34 but level 30 was max in v1.0

I was trying to force the game to recognise I was level 30 by completing a mission so the game "updates" my XP total.
Now this is very clearly a 1.0 version of the game as it looks and plays very differently. More stamina, guards react differently, you move faster while crouched, cool downs are different, game looks different like grass textures, lighting etc. A very different and interesting way to play the game but has poor performance.

I completed  Mission 48, "Alliance with Akai" as it takes less than a minute if you know the route. 
Spirit of Vengeance and the Platinum popped straight away at the stats screen. Job done :)
Now here's where it gets interesting.
I updated my game, relaunched it and reloaded my save to see if my save file was now actually broken or corrupted due to messing around with updates and save files. Everything was loading and behaving correctly so that was great but I noticed my level was no longer 34 but 43. I had no skill points available to me prior to deleting and reinstalling the disc and now I suddenly have 12 extra. That's a lot.

I tested a bit more and found out version 1.0 gives out far more XP and gold when repeating missions than the updated game does. So by doing that 1 mission, I massively jumped up in levels and level 48 is the new level cap.

So to compare repeated mission rewards
Version 1.0, Mission 48, Alliance with Akai - 5572xp, 1630 gold

Version 1.030.196, Mission 48, Alliance with Akai - 397xp, 750 gold (updated last PS5 patch)

I can confirm that XP and gold carries over from v1.0 to v1.030 as I replayed the mission 3 times in version 1.0 and I am now level 48 in v1.0.30 within 5 minutes.

Further down the rabbit hole.... 

I also noticed that the game versions track certain things separately like cosmetics, dyes, missions, collectibles etc.
On the mission screen, highlight the bottom left corner icon and you can cycle through all completed missions with L1 and R1.
On v1.0 via this icon it said I had only completed mission 48 (the only mission I repeated on this version of the game) but I had every mission unlocked on the map available to play but zero collectibles in any mission.
Whereas on v1.030 I had all hard mode S ranks, undetected and no kill bonus and all collectibles collected and tracked.
What's curious is that I could buy everything from both vendors in v1.0 even though it didn't track my collectibles.

These versions tracking separately would make even more sense as I massively increased in level with 1 completion of mission 48 in v1.0 as I had not completed that mission in that version of the game. So even more XP is available by completing missions in both versions of the game.

I can also confirm that you should NEVER BUY ANYTHING IN VERSION 1.0 at the vendors unless you only want to use them in that version of the game. This version and these system mechanics were altered a lot since v1.0 and do not carry over.
I bought a dye and a cosmetic helmet in v1.0 and then had to re-purchase them again when I updated the game (remember, they track separately.) In v1.0 I own the blue dye but I do not own it in v1.030. The helmet in my inventory disappeared entirely when updated the game and reverted back to v1.0 but I kept the blue dye.

In v1.0 there were only single dyes to purchase once and when you bought them you could apply them to all pieces of gear, head, chest, legs, sword etc. They did not go into the specific details like in the new version of the game e.g. primary, secondary, detail colours.
In v1.030 you essentially need to buy every dye 3 times if you want to unlock everything, once each for primary, secondary and detail colours.

So my logic was to grind v1.0 and buy everything but this does not work as the game tracks v1.0 and v1.030 separately and then if you update and revert back you have a chance your dyes will remain but your cosmetics might disappear.
What you can do is grind v1.0 for more gold and XP and then update and buy things in the new version. About 155k gold is approximate for everything in v1.030....I think.

Now how is all of this useful?
As I have not tested a digital copy of the game I can not confirm weather or not playing on v1.0 is possible for those players, perhaps you can play before the game finishes downloading and installing? I'm not sure though.
This does make getting the level 30 trophy to pop much easier if you do encounter the glitch via a disc copy.
Your save file will also be intact so no need to delete it and start over which is a gigantic time saver (I have Stellar Blade to play in a few days so I'm glad I discovered all this.)
It also makes it possible to grind money faster if you want to purchase more cosmetics for fun and also gives an alternate single player experience in v1.0

What's really interesting is that v1.0 and v1.030 are two very different versions of the game (obviously) and I would have never discovered this if I didn't have a physical copy. It also give players a chance to discover a new way to play the game that not only looks different but feels very different too.
A shame we won't get Aragami 3 but Ereban: Shadow Legacy looks promising if it ever comes to PS5.

A long post but I hope this helps someone. Trophy glitches can be so stressful.

Edited by Capcom_Vs_Karl