Online Servers

mosquito53

Hey all, servers were due to shut down on 3/21, however it looks as though only RaceNet thus far has been shut down, thus the online MP servers are actually still active! The only trophy this may affect is Ecto-Won thus far due to not being able to upload new lap times to leaderboards. You can still however race a friend ghost who has PREVIOUSLY posted a time to a leaderboard and the trophy will pop, just tested on a couple of accounts for thoroughness!

Edited by mosquito53
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mosquito53 said:

Hey all, servers were due to shut down on 3/21, however it looks as though only RaceNet thus far has been shut down, thus the online MP servers are actually still active! The only trophy this may affect is Ecto-Won thus far due to not being able to upload new lap times to leaderboards. You can still however race a friend ghost who has PREVIOUSLY posted a time to a leaderboard and the trophy will pop, just tested on a couple of accounts for thoroughness!

Yeah, I posted about this here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/114080-ecto-won-help/?do=findComment&comment=2957177

So basically the same as it used to be? I could never post a time even before shutdown, I had to beat a time from someone who was already on my friend list and had one up, in the 1000 CC category. Took me a good amount of tries.

7 minutes ago, GastNDorf said:

So basically the same as it used to be? I could never post a time even before shutdown, I had to beat a time from someone who was already on my friend list and had one up, in the 1000 CC category. Took me a good amount of tries.

The times only get posted if they make it to the top 1000. Even after the RaceNet shutdown, my alt's time made it into the leaderboard so that aspect seems to be working. It seems that the only thing that RaceNet was used for was the ghost data, which was barely functional anyway. 

Edited by NeuralPotato
  • Like 1