The Journey to Dawn (Backlog Thread)

banner3.png

This is a rework of a rework. Instead of this being a "platinum rain day" challenge, I decided to make this a backlog thread of all the games I have unfinished. There were reasons to change the format of this thread...

notmyart.png

Mainly, because they revealed that the shutdown period for FFXIV to update to Dawntrail will be 48 hours long, meaning I will have plenty to do. So this time the journey to dawn is not getting all but one trophy and then popping off a ton of platinums. Instead, it will be a long slog to complete the games I have on my backlog during the maintenance period. 😜

Also, I have been sick off and on so it's hard to focus on gaming when you are coughing up snot. 💊

This post will change now and then as I complete games and add new ones.

Games in My Backlog:

1. Evoland (32/66)
  2. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart (19/47)
  3. Hogwarts Legacy (2/46)
  4. Nexomon [PS5] (8/68)
  5. Secret of Mana (1/38)
  6. Nexomon [PS4] (8/68)
  7. World of Final Fantasy (2/49)
  8. Legend of Mana (6/30)
  9. Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom [PS5] (7/33)
  10. Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX (2/17)
  11. Castlevania Advance Collection (1/49)
  12. Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm (2/35)
  13. TY The Tasmanian Tiger (6/38)
  14. Dark Cloud (11/28)
Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 1

How many games do you think you'll have prepped in time for your platinum rain day? Are you going to try for a few FF titles considering whats releasing that day?

I actually just resubbed to FFXIV last night and then woke up to see the Dawntrail release date which is great because its just before I'm due for a month long holiday :D

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

How many games do you think you'll have prepped in time for your platinum rain day? Are you going to try for a few FF titles considering whats releasing that day?

I actually just resubbed to FFXIV last night and then woke up to see the Dawntrail release date which is great because its just before I'm due for a month long holiday :D

Oh yes, there will be a Final Fantasy game I intend to put on the list, I still have one that I haven't started on the account. (If you resubbed, then you might know which FF game I will start with if you've played the Eden raids. ^_^) In fact, there will be a few RPGs on this list. As for amount of titles, I am going to try to aim for ten at least. There are some shorter games that I can prep and manipulate trophies on, but RPGs are a bit easier to prep as you can figure out what trophies are the easiest to pop and conserve them.

Also, what's your server? Mine is Primal Data Center, Hyperion. My character is a Lalafell called Blueberry Dreamweaver. ;)

Edited by ProfSeajay7

Ohhhh Final Fantasy VIII, huh. Speaking of Eden raids, I still need to finish those off. I'm up to E11N so it won't take that long. Its the damn queuing that takes the longest, haha

I play on Meteor, Shinryu. Even though I'm am Australian, I'm currently living in China so it was far more beneficial for me to use a Japanese data center. I briefly transfered to Oceania while I was back in Australia, but the ping was awful so it was back to Japan for me!

30 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Its the damn queuing that takes the longest

Uh yeah, I get ya. At least I have Nintendo Switch games and stuff to keep me occupied while waiting on a queue. ;)

And yeah, Oceania is pretty bad. I don't know why Square-Enix decided to make it so that the world transfer test has everyone else transferring to that barren wasteland. My last characters had been on Dynamis for the Path to 80 boost. Big mistake, I had to use Data Center Travel to go to Midgardsomr and get queues on anything. :(

Blueberry Dreamweaver is actually on my secondary PSN account's Square-Enix account because the PS5 version of FFXIV has a ton of ridiculous DLC trophies. I'm sort of a prude about completing 100% on games on this account, so I created a second one for games with DLC I can't complete as I want to play the games but not worry about the DLC. This account's FFXIV account is actually the Free Trial so I don't have to pay for two subs. The character is called Chaotic Nuzlocke and he's just a temp character to earn me the PS4 version's platinum which has no DLC. I'm using the Free Trial to get close to popping the trophies and once I am ready, I can just do a quick upgrade, get some cash for the crafting, pop the trophies and then cancel the Square-Enix account so I only have one FFXIV account, the one Blueberry is on, and I can focus on that.

(I was going to try out the Free Trial and see if I could get to the end because they upgraded it to Stormblood content, but I don't feel like playing two characters. I've already got close to the 1000 levequests for the PS4 version trophy list - I'm at 903 tradecraft leves - and then I intend to just grind everything else except crafting which I will do once I do the upgrade as I can just buy a skip, use the Allagan pieces to fund myself and buy all the crystals from the marketboard to do those 1000 crafts for every crafting class.)

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

After careful consideration, I have decided to once again abort this project, mainly because I do not have enough time to prep any good games. I have one game that only needs one trophy and it's a challenging one, but I'd have to grab a bunch of low-key games. This is because I will be participating in the Kill Your Completion event that is happening in May and I put another restriction on myself - NO PLAYING ANY GAMES IN MAY EXCEPT THE ONES I HAVE ON MY LIST.

That means by the time the event ends, I'll only have a couple of weeks to prep. I'm going to probably re-work this thread into a backlog thread instead, since I will have plenty of backlog to go through KYC, and since they revealed that the maintenance update for Dawntrail will be twice as long as any other, equaling two full days without FFXIV, the only thing I can do is play other games so I will have a lot to do.

Also, I will be spending a few days in Utah attending RPG Limit Break, a charity marathon where people display their speed-running skills on various RPGs. I will only be there from the 19th to the 22nd, god forfend my cold does not get worse, so I won't be able to update my threads(as I won't have computer access) though I will try to play a game or two while the event is going on.

Edited by ProfSeajay7