Kaleidoscope Game Connection Challenge

Hello all. For over a year the Kaleidoscope event has been an ongoing event on the site from DrBloodMoney, and the very convenient website from pinkrobot_pb allows you to submit entries to the event so easily, or alternatively you could fill every box on the template with young Peter Capaldi:

Spoiler

pT7LaFn.png

As for the game, as you may know, the charts contain spaces for 16 trophy cards to correspond to 16 different colours. I've prepared 3 of these charts but all of the games have some kind of connection. This connection will be objective and not connected by something like: "These games I'd rate 7/10."

Try to guess the correct answers and if you get it right I'll tell you, if your close and need to narrow it down I'll tell you that too. If by chance you find a connection that I didn't think of... well done. 

I think that the three charts get harder as they go along, but who knows.

Free to make more game connections if you want on the website.

To say one last time, Find the connection between all the games on each chart to win (you'll win nothing but pride.)

#1)

aMA1InD.png

#2)

qneMcfe.png

#3)

hYn5f7S.png

Good luck!

Edited by Breakingthegreen
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Noticed this topic while I was browsing randomly, surprised nobody had replied yet. If I had to guess #1 PlayStation exclusives, #2 indie games, and #3 all the games match the colors next to them. 

I also made 1 chart of my own, if somebody wants to guess. (I got the Kingdom Hearts II logo from Google.)

sPMOlXP.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Treilio said:

Noticed this topic while I was browsing randomly, surprised nobody had replied yet. If I had to guess #1 PlayStation exclusives, #2 indie games, and #3 all the games match the colors next to them. 

I also made 1 chart of my own, if somebody wants to guess. (I got the Kingdom Hearts II logo from Google.)

Fudge I nearly forgot my own answers.

I can say that the answers for the ones I designed are very specific to a reflectively small number of games that I could have picked. And you are very close with #1 and I reckon that you could work it out if you explanded on it, but Iron Man VR has released on Meta quest, which makes it no longer a playstation exclusive. For #2, this category has an Indie bias, but Concrete Genie and Life is Strange 2 are definitely not indie games. For #3 that's the intention for all of them, but this one will be very much a "know it or don't."

For your's I think I've worked it out

Spoiler

There is a snag though and I have to decide if it's a mistake, "Third games in a franchise, irrispective of Spinoffs" but Telltale's The Walking Dead Michonne would be the third and not New Frontier, so I very well could be wrong,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Breakingthegreen said:

Fudge I nearly forgot my own answers.

I can say that the answers for the ones I designed are very specific to a reflectively small number of games that I could have picked. And you are very close with #1 and I reckon that you could work it out if you explanded on it, but Iron Man VR has released on Meta quest, which makes it no longer a playstation exclusive. For #2, this category has an Indie bias, but Concrete Genie and Life is Strange 2 are definitely not indie games. For #3 that's the intention for all of them, but this one will be very much a "know it or don't."

For your's I think I've worked it out

Hide contents

There is a snag though and I have to decide if it's a mistake, "Third games in a franchise, irrispective of Spinoffs" but Telltale's The Walking Dead Michonne would be the third and not New Frontier, so I very well could be wrong,

Yes, you guessed mine correctly :D

As for your charts I guess #1 could be PlayStation console exclusives developed by studios not owned by Sony. For #2 could it be that all of them deal with mental health in some ways (this is a wild guess, I have not played most of them.)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Treilio said:

Yes, you guessed mine correctly :D

As for your charts I guess #1 could be PlayStation console exclusives developed by studios not owned by Sony. For #2 could it be that all of them deal with mental health in some ways (this is a wild guess, I have not played most of them.)

Very Happy to have got your one correct ☺️.

You are so close with one of theme that I feel comfortable saying you got it.

Spoiler

#1 is "Games (reportedly) published by Playstation, but not developed by Playstation" (I say reportedly because DJMax Repect has mixed reporting from what I could find online)

But Yeah, I'd say you got that one.

You're on the write track with #2, a clue I am willing to give for it is that it is physically impossible for a game to be released before 2014 and get into this category...But what was the event that made this category I wonder?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Breakingthegreen said:

Very Happy to have got your one correct ☺️.

You are so close with one of theme that I feel comfortable saying you got it.

Reveal hidden contents

#1 is "Games (reportedly) published by Playstation, but not developed by Playstation" (I say reportedly because DJMax Repect has mixed reporting from what I could find online)

But Yeah, I'd say you got that one.

You're on the write track with #2, a clue I am willing to give for it is that it is physically impossible for a game to be released before 2014 and get into this category...But what was the event that made this category I wonder?

2014 seems to be the first year for The Game Awards. Could it be that all the games have been nominated for awards at The Game Awards?

Edit: Maybe all of them for Games for Impact award?

Edited by Treilio
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Treilio said:

2014 seems to be the first year for The Game Awards. Could it be that all the games have been nominated for awards at The Game Awards?

Edit: Maybe all of them for Games for Impact award?

Spoiler

Another correct guess :D  Games for impact/change at the game awards is the Link.

Care for a #3 hint?

• Like 1

Yes, I probably need a hint, but here is 1 more guess: All games have numbers associated with them one way or other.

Fallout 76 : Vault 76

Stray : Developer BlueTwelve Studio and B-12 drone in the game.

Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location : Made in Clickteam Fusion 2.5 engine

Dredge : Publisher Team17

Subnautica : Takes place in planet 4546B

Life is Strange: True Colors : Developer Deck Nine

Hitman 2 : Agent 47

Frostpunk : Developer 11 bit studios

Two Point Hospital : Developer Two Point Studios

Probably not correct :P

• Like 1

Hmm, I think I will have to give up on this last one. It's an interesting list of games for sure, I think you could get 16 different genres for the Platinum Every Genre Challenge just by using these games. But yeah I don't know the answer for this one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Treilio said:

Hmm, I think I will have to give up on this last one. It's an interesting list of games for sure, I think you could get 16 different genres for the Platinum Every Genre Challenge just by using these games. But yeah I don't know the answer for this one.

How about I give you every possible game that will could go in this category, (Other's will likely appear in the future)

Spoiler

The additional games in a random order (that have trophy lists) are:

• Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Little Nightmare II
  • Red Dead Redemption II
  • Bendy and the Ink Machine
  • Back 4 Blood
  • Kingdom Hearts 3
  • Two Point Campus
  • Untitled Goose Game
  • Undertale
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Alan Wake II
  • Beholder 3
  • Five Nights at Freddy's Help Wanted
  • Choo choo Charles
  • Beat Saber
  • Control
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Doom Eternal
  • Death And Taxes
  • Poppy's Playtime
  • Among Us
  • Genshin Impact
  • Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
  • Cult of the Lamb
  • House Flipper
  • Planet Zoo
  • Hitman 3
  • Goat Simulator

I wonder if that'll give you enough of a clue. :) 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Treilio said:

I think I might have found it! Is the answer

Spoiler

What's that a correct answer? Yes it is, it's...Dead Ahead.

Well done, you've solved them all, no prizes though... sorry, I hope you had a bit of fun.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

How do you guys paste the image from the kaleidoscope site to here again? I have tried doing it from files but it's the wrong image type apperntly and i really want to see if anyone could guess mine

I upload the image to Imgur and then copy and paste the image, I think the URL of the image works too.

That's how I do it at least.

9 hours ago, Breakingthegreen said:

I upload the image to Imgur and then copy and paste the image, I think the URL of the image works too.

That's how I do it at least.

Thanks for this, I remembered something on that line from the event but couldn't remember fully.

Anyways, can anyone guess the connection here?:

PrmDNjn.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

Thanks for this, I remembered something on that line from the event but couldn't remember fully.

Anyways, can anyone guess the connection here?:

PrmDNjn.png

Is it the:

Spoiler

PS2 Classics, from that short length of time that they emulated them?

41 minutes ago, Breakingthegreen said:

Is it the:

Hide contents

PS2 Classics, from that short length of time that they emulated them?

Ding Ding Ding! You are correct, I'll admit that one was pretty easy. Now let see what other ones I can think of and will post back when I have a new one

• Like 1