Current status of the game?

Posted (edited)

In my time with the game I found it to be relatively stable, I can't speak for the quality of the multiplayer servers. The only notable issues were the loading screen sound effects bugging out in Battlefront 1 and some of the map textures of Utapau failing to load in Battlefront 2.   

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1

The latest patch was very significant and added tons of stuff including missing content from Battlefront 2 campaign. I don't play too much multiplayer but it's seemed to be improved enough. I did hear there were some medal progression issues since the patch so maybe someone else can confirm those but from my experience, it's been much better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is issues and plus for medals. You can get more then one per life now and across life's. I can do 3 rocket shots in one life, then get the fourth one in a second one to get demolition. Seems to work for all medals. War Hero and Guardian also seemed bugged in the sense that you get them easier and even before Endurance. Sometimes after dying, I also retain all my medal awards until my second death. 

So idk if they did it on purpose, but medals are easier to get now in one life and across lives progression. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 2:43 PM, bikeman223 said:

In my time with the game I found it to be relatively stable, I can't speak for the quality of the multiplayer servers. The only notable issues were the loading screen sound effects bugging out in Battlefront 1 and some of the map textures of Utapau failing to load in Battlefront 2.   

I encountered that exact same issue, where the AA guns on Utapau suddenly go black when you get close to them, right?

Yeah, other than that, no issues on v1.03, but I've only been playing offline. Just downloaded 1.04. I guess they listened to the metric ton of shit they got for releasing a broken port.

Maybe they can actually do Pandemic justice next time and give us a decent Mercenaries remaster.

Edit: I take it back. Just got my first hard crash while playing.

Edited by Fat_Pie123

8 hours ago, Fat_Pie123 said:

I encountered that exact same issue, where the AA guns on Utapau suddenly go black when you get close to them, right?

It wasn't the AA guns for me, it was a portion of the floor area between the hanger and that big tower you have to destroy in the mission. Luckily collision was still working so I didn't fall through the map.

Mine's been fine since day one. It plays and feels like the original from the PS2 days. The only issue i've had since day one was the music cutting off from the main menu from BF2. However i did 2 weeks back get my first crash, but other than that, the game has been fantastic on my end. I think it was more MP that was affected on the PS and maybe a few minor issues that i've been lucky not to experience. However, i didn't buy it for MP, i bought it for the crown jewel itself, single player 😍