do anyone know how to do vpn on ps4?

9 minutes ago, hatem200479 said:

am isp blocked in uncaheted 4 and cant get plat

Is changing your DNS to Google or Cloudflares enough to bypass your ISP? That should be easier (and it’s free) than trying to implement a VPN and getting hit by increased latency. 

If you need a solid VPN that is free - I highly recommend: ProtonVPN.

They are a very privacy focused company and also offer a free e-mail service: ProtonMail with 5GB free Cloud Storage that is separate from your e-mail storage.

The e-mail account is very privacy centric.

You will find that Port Forwarding is NOT apart of the free package though; as is the same with basically every VPN Provider. 

They are a very trustworthy company - but please, always do your own research on things like this.

---

Now, to use the VPN on your PS4, you would need to link the PS4 to a Windows laptop or Windows PC via Ethernet cable, and connect your laptop or PC to the Internet via Wi-Fi.  Now, in your connection settings on Windows, you need to modify your Wi-Fi connection settings to allow other 'network users' to connect to the Internet using this PC's connection.  On the PS4, you need to then set up a wired connection in order to use the Internet and VPN tunnelled through your laptop or PC's connection.

spacer.png

Post Script:
Please don't use their services for abuse.
Linux is also compatible with the VPN; including via Command Line Interface, but I won't be going into any of that here.

Edited by J-S_93
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, J-S_93 said:

If you need a solid VPN that is free - I highly recommend: ProtonVPN.

They are a very privacy focused company and also offer a free e-mail service: ProtonMail with 5GB free Cloud Storage that is separate from your e-mail storage.

The e-mail account is very privacy centric.

You will find that Port Forwarding is NOT apart of the free package though; as is the same with basically every VPN Provider. 

They are a very trustworthy company - but please, always do your own research on things like this.

---

Now, to use the VPN on your PS4, you would need to link the PS4 to a Windows laptop or Windows PC via Ethernet cable, and connect your laptop or PC to the Internet via Wi-Fi.  Now, in your connection settings on Windows, you need to modify your Wi-Fi connection settings to allow other 'network users' to connect to the Internet using this PC's connection.  On the PS4, you need to then set up a wired connection in order to use the Internet and VPN tunnelled through your laptop or PC's connection.

spacer.png

Post Script:
Please don't use their services for abuse.
Linux is also compatible with the VPN; including via Command Line Interface, but I won't be going into any of that here.

my laptop doesn't have Ethernet cable tho

33 minutes ago, hatem200479 said:

my laptop doesn't have Ethernet cable tho

Your laptop doesn't have an Ethernet cable, or a port?

It should have a port, and your PS4 should have come with an Ethernet cable in the box, and you can use that to connect 'em - also, maybe your internet router/modem packaging might have a spare one bundled in there perhaps, or a TV Android Box may have an Ethernet cable in the box, if you have one of those?

Anyway, after connecting the two up via an Ethernet cable, (PS4 & Laptop respectively)... You would obviously need to also install the VPN software and accompanying tunnelling adapter to your Laptop system, and activate the VPN when you want to hide or disguise your network traffic.

Edit: And if you don't have one at all - you can probably buy one for like: 1 EURO, 1 US DOLLAR or 1 Great British Pound, or an alternative currency.  Anything cheap will do; though you may have to spend more on length to make sure that they can reach each other.

Edited by J-S_93
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, J-S_93 said:

Your laptop doesn't have an Ethernet cable, or a port?

Lots of laptops don’t have an Ethernet port standard, however USB A to Ethernet adapters and/or USB C to Ethernet adapters are relatively inexpensive or laptop docs with network jacks are plentiful and offer lots of other expansion for a few more bucks. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Lots of laptops don’t have an Ethernet port standard, however USB A to Ethernet adapters and/or USB C to Ethernet adapters are relatively inexpensive or laptop docs with network jacks are plentiful and offer lots of other expansion for a few more bucks. 

Yeah, I use one of these on my PC so it can have two Ethernet ports, so when I share my PC's Internet and VPN connection via Ethernet, I don't have to compromise on connection type and can still use an Ethernet connection on my PC, and connect the other devices I share a connection to using the USB to Ethernet adapter - a simple and cheap Amazon basics adapter.

Link:
Amazon Basics USB 2.0 to 10/100 Ethernet LAN Network Adapter, Black : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories | NOTE: USB 2.0 for up to 100 megabits, or USB 3.0 for up to 1 gigabit.  100 megabits / USB 2.0 will be fine in many if not most use cases.

Edit: Also, I would never buy a laptop or PC that scrimps on ports and peripherals - I would hope that others would do the same.

Edit 2: To add to this, you can go a step further and use a mechanical Ethernet switcher, a 15cm (0.15m) Ethernet cable (CAT6, RJ45), and connect one end of that 15cm cable to the switcher on side 1, and then the other end of the cable will go into to the device that will be sharing the Internet and VPN connection, let's say a PS4; so connect those up, then, on the other side of the switcher, side 2, will be two Ethernet ports, say port A and Port B, both having a mechanical button switch that you can trigger to be either-or, now, one Ethernet Port, say A, can be connected with an Ethernet cable that directly feeds into your Router or Modem, and the other Ethernet Port, say B, can be connected via a 3rd Ethernet cable to the Laptop or PC... So, you'll never have to compromise your needs by plugging and unplugging or switching around cables anymore; all you would have to do is simply press button A, or button B - Standard or VPN connection respectively.

Links:
Amazingdeal Mini 2 Port RJ45 Network Switch Ethernet Network Box Switcher Adapter HUB : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
Ex-Pro 15cm 0.15m CAT6 Ethernet network cable RJ45 SFTP Black : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Edited by J-S_93
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KirbyLlama said:

Instead of a PC you could also do it through a smart phone hot spot.

I had to do that once when my home connection was out.

The caveat to this is cost of your phone plan, current extant Mobile Data, and minus any usage of that, plus the cost of additional Data; especially when going beyond quota limits - and any fees incurred from that can be a shock - so it is wise when gaming from a Data Plan that has a cap, to limit how much Data you use when gaming through it, though it can be hard to gauge how much is being used up when you're engrossed in a game for example.

You could go this route but it's not something I would recommend myself.

Edit:

For plans that are unlimited or unmetered with no cap, quota or slow down, then go nuts of course.

Edited by J-S_93

19 minutes ago, J-S_93 said:

The caveat to this is cost of your phone plan

That's absolutely true, but for this purpose there is no reason why you wouldn't use your home network for this.

I just gave a bad example since I used it specifically with my mobile network.

26 minutes ago, KirbyLlama said:

That's absolutely true, but for this purpose there is no reason why you wouldn't use your home network for this.

I just gave a bad example since I used it specifically with my mobile network.

The thing is, I don't think you can connect to your home Wi-Fi, and then share that Wi-Fi as a hotspot connection, at least I'm pretty sure you can't - don't think you can connect Wi-Fi to Wi-Fi like that, so you would make a Wi-Fi hotspot on the phone and then share your Mobile connection as it is a separate connection type.

Due to one Wi-Fi interface existing on a mobile device, I don't think you can double up and share your home connection, you see.

Something to do with 'Managed' and 'Master' Mode.

Edited by J-S_93