Eaten by Lurker 🐸

Angulus

I defeated Proto Tyrant (second time) and a giant frog appeared in the water bridge and ate me! I've read on wikis the enemy is called "Lurker" and if it grabs you with his tongue is a 100% instakill unless your partner shoot the monster. But I watched some videos where the player escape from the attack: 

Can someone explain me what buttons do I have to press to survive? I wouldn't like to die in my future speedrun without save.

Edited by Angulus

This frog also attacked me in this exact location few days ago. However, after freeing myself (moved the left analog stick and pressed all the face buttons), frog simply jumped into the water. It was my first, blind playthrough so I thought that maybe there were some trophy behind it. A little later, while we were with Rebecca, the frog surprised us in another room and after the attack it escaped again. Apart from that, nothing unusual happened.

To escape, move the left analog stick in all directions and press the 4 main buttons with PlayStation symbols, and I definitely had health at max (green). Maybe you were injured? And that determines the deadly attack?

Edited by Kessarath
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kessarath said:

This frog also attacked me in this exact location few days ago. However, after freeing myself (moved the left analog stick and pressed all the face buttons), frog simply jumped into the water. It was my first, blind playthrough so I thought that maybe there were some trophy behind it. A little later, while we were with Rebecca, the frog surprised us in another room and after the attack it escaped again. Apart from that, nothing unusual happened.

To escape, move the left analog stick in all directions and press the 4 main buttons with PlayStation symbols, and I definitely had health at max (green). Maybe you were injured? And that determines the deadly attack?

I had health at max but I only pressed X and Square. I will try to move the left stick too if the Lurker grab me again. Thank you!