Patch dropped, Far Drop crash appears to be fixed.

I can confirm it works, not that there was any doubt!
I discovered an additional factoid. 

If you did what I did and started over with the workaround (changing the system language), you can continue using that save file!
Before, saves were exclusive to the system language -- you couldn't load the foreign save with your home tongue.
This practically confirms the glitch was tied to language.

I encountered the crash only a few days before the patch released, but fortunately it isn't that arduous to reach Far Drop anyway.
100 Precursor Orbs isn't a grind, either -- I met the requirements in Far Drop, and I didn't even collect the hide-and-seek or Eco energy orbs!
A couple of backlogged YouTube videos later I was caught up, with no wasted scrap to boot.
I am glad I don't have to switch the system language every time I want to play this game, though.

On an unrelated note, apparently the Tomb Raider trilogy is fixed too. Patches for bygone games seem to take a little while but they do come.
Keep backups whenever you can, in case something else breaks.

Great to know! My subscription expired before I could reach the finish line on this one, but knowing that it's been fixed, I might go and buy the game outright so I can finish it up soon-ish since I don't know when I'll run another month of PS Plus Premium. I have two questions, though:

1. Could I pick up where I left off, or will I have to restart from scratch? Won't be the biggest deal if my save file is toast since I only put two or so hours into it before I had an error-code-shaped rock dropped in front of me, but it'd be good to know regardless.
  2. Does the retroactive cross-buy thing apply to PSP games, or is it just for PS1 games? If it does, I might go back onto the PS3 store and buy the PSP version there since it'll entitle me to more versions of the game.

2 hours ago, blue_blur_98 said:

1. Could I pick up where I left off, or will I have to restart from scratch?

You should be able to continue like nothing happened. I tested saves from my first playthrough and they work perfectly fine!

• Like 2

On 4/19/2024 at 1:47 PM, blue_blur_98 said:
  2. Does the retroactive cross-buy thing apply to PSP games, or is it just for PS1 games? If it does, I might go back onto the PS3 store and buy the PSP version there since it'll entitle me to more versions of the game.

Yes, PSP games will "Cross-Buy" retroactively like PS1 games... Never been subbed to PS+ Premium personally, I've already owned the games outright or have gone back and grabbed them on 3 or 5 Systems (depending on if it's a PS1/PSP game etc.) for like half the price they ask for on the current store for only the 2 versions on PS4/PS5.

Edited by MRR---OFFICIAL