the_game_nerd's Gaming Things and Stuff.....Trophies, Stats and Other Ramblings to Waste Time

So like most people on this site, I enjoy all things gaming, particularly collecting trophies and stats.

This extends to in game stats, unlockables, leveling up, collectibles, ranks, scores, streaks, etc etc... If it can be measured and is gaming related i am probably into it.

I also like to find ways to create some sort of media in relation to whatever gaming numbers i'm chasing down at the time. In the past this has been trophy guides, sports sim YT channels, narrative driven game reviews and so on.

Going to use this thread as a way of compiling whatever it is i'm doing at the time.

While sometimes the things I am going to post are not always directly trophy related, i am achieving something gaming related and there is always a trophy in there somewhere, or it started with a trophy....or something.

Oh and disclaimer, i have a thing for clowns, not sexually or anything, just i always set my avatar or in game character to a clown if i can, it's my thing. So if you have a phobia of clowns, look away now.

Please feel free to comment, make suggestions or tell me how you really feel. All feedback is welcome. 🙂

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At the moment i'm playing COD: MW3. Specifically i'm attempting to make it to gold rank in Ranked Play for season 3. In true form, I have decided to create a series of YT videos of my game play, documenting my grind to gold. My angle being that I play for the objectives not necessarily kills in the games, in the end winning but getting slaughtered on the way.

Anyone that has ever played ranked knows, you win and rank up by taking the objectives. While how many points you personally earn and how much you rank up does depend on you in game score per match, and this is partly determined by how many kills you get...in ranked play you score nothing towards you overall rank if you lose the match, in fact you lose points towards your rank. So my theory is push the objectives and not care about kills or deaths, small point gains but win the majority of matches.

In the end I look like a terrible player to most, but I am slowly climbing up the divisions. I admit it does help to have a player or two on your team that focuses on kills as it allows me to just capture objectives, but i believe me playing the way i do turns a 50/50 match into a win for my team.

I'm currently being matched with players with far better technical skills in the game than me that are level 50, but still in bronze division, probably because they lose just as many matches as they win. While I am rank 14 and in silver division , because i win more than i lose.

Worst winning gamer is my take on it.

Edited by the_game_nerd
  • Like 3

So things are coming along very well in my quest to reach gold division!

I achieved 5 wins in a row and am now in Division Silver II.

Below is my latest game play videos, hard point, control and search and destroy.

Control match was actually a really good one, I played pretty well and we blitzed them 3-0.

I have to say, i really don't like the Sub base map, it's a little boring and you always seem to spawn nearly 100m from the objective, i spend most of my time running to the point only to be killed instantly.

Oh well, getting closer to gold! 😃

Taking a break from playing MW3 and I have gone back to the original Black Ops.

Wanted to capture my online play stats while the servers were still up, and play through the old maps to get some footage before they (eventually) disappear when the servers eventually close.

My original Black Ops gameplay was all on XBOX 360.

May the 4th be with you all!!!

it's May 4th....well it is in Australia already.

Doing a Star Wars gaming marathon, starting with Super Star Wars remastered on the PS4. (is it remastered or just a port with extras?)

Drop in and say hi, or say nothing, or what ever......i'm doing it anyway.