Any Advice For Brutal Challenge: Hellion's Intonement?

The Brutal challenges before this were a cake walk but I'm getting slaughtered in this one. The RNG and AI is super inconsistent. My best run I got to the sandworms round and got swallowed (I do have a reliable strategy for taking them down now). After that I haven't been able to get a good run in since. Ive tried a variety of strategies from limit siphon Aerith strat, to a stop quake synergy build. Can anyone also tell me if the  latest patch made the challenges harder? Or is it all in my head.

My first blind run I died against the worm (8/10) (swallowed 2 chars)

So I went in with the Brumal ATB build and died again against the worm (swallowed yuffie)

Then I went back (once or twice again) and managed to Brumal at the right time and direction to avoid the swallow and it was a clear (try to avoid the swallow in the direction of the worm)

There are other strategies to avoid swallow that I never tried (like switching to another char right when you see the swallow text so the AI does it instead, doing it too late won't work it seems, but again never tried that)

Edited by oYazmat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oYazmat said:

My first blind run I died against the worm (8/10) (swallowed 2 chars)

So I went in with the Brumal ATB build and died again against the worm (swallowed yuffie)

Then I went back (once or twice again) and managed to Brumal at the right time and direction to avoid the swallow and it was a clear (try to avoid the swallow in the direction of the worm)

There are other strategies to avoid swallow that I never tried (like switching to another char right when you see the swallow text so the AI does it instead, doing it too late won't work it seems, but again never tried that)

I never tried brumal on the worms. I may try that out if I can get back there lol.

1 hour ago, breakXedge said:

I believe he uses a quake stop build which has been unreliable for me so far.

Just now, JayVRVX said:

I never tried brumal on the worms. I may try that out if I can get back there lol.

Brumal ATB build should get you there everytime, the worm is the worst part. But do becareful of the big mob in stage 5 or 6 that casts reflect on itself at the start, be sure to bring dispel on someone other than Yuffie (your buffer preferably)

I used Optinoobs strat, but put Revival in Aeriths empty slot.

Then at the worm, when it says start to go underground, I switched to Cloud and try to avoid it. If not, not a big deal as I could revive him later with Aerith.

As soon as I had everything set up I used Stop on the worm so I could go nuts on him with Tifa. And ofc try to use Aeriths limit asap to nullify the Deathclaw.

20 minutes ago, petrus_hendrikus said:

I used Optinoobs strat, but put Revival in Aeriths empty slot.

Then at the worm, when it says start to go underground, I switched to Cloud and try to avoid it. If not, not a big deal as I could revive him later with Aerith.

As soon as I had everything set up I used Stop on the worm so I could go nuts on him with Tifa. And ofc try to use Aeriths limit asap to nullify the Deathclaw.

I think you're referring to the brutal challenge The Seventh Seal, as in Hellion's Intonement there isn't any death claw.

24 minutes ago, JayVRVX said:

I believe he uses a quake stop build which has been unreliable for me so far.

If you use exactly what Optinooby's you'll beat it easily but If you're running some materias low, you may have problems of not doing enough damage.

Edited by breakXedge

15 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

I think you're referring to the brutal challenge The Seventh Seal, as in Hellion's Intonement there isn't any death claw.

If you use exactly what Optinooby's you'll beat it easily but If you're running some materias low, you may have problems of not doing enough damage.

I'll give it a go again and see how it works out.

37 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

Brumal ATB build should get you there everytime, the worm is the worst part. But do becareful of the big mob in stage 5 or 6 that casts reflect on itself at the start, be sure to bring dispel on someone other than Yuffie (your buffer preferably)

I'll definitely keep this in mind. Thank you!

36 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Yeah you are right, I confused them as the worm gave me so much trouble in 7th Seal but was one of the easier rounds in Helion's Intonement.

For this one I used the Quake-Stop build too. Took me a few tries to do it more reliable as at some rounds you need to do something special like at the Adjucator and the enemy that reflects.

Edited by petrus_hendrikus

On 4/24/2024 at 11:08 AM, oYazmat said:

I just wanted to update you guys and say thanks! Yuffie-Brumal + Aerith-ATB ward got me through! Red was my third, I gave him enemy skill materia which came in handy for some chip damage and status. I gave Aerith fire and ice linked to magnify, as well as fire linked to two mp absorbs. I also gave aerith binding materia (so I could sleep king Tonberry and get that mf Joker out of the way). I also gave magnify-time materia which was awesome for speeding up ATB and stopping enemies in a pinch. My accessories were Chokoking cape-Aerith, Speed demon keychain-Yuffie, Enhanced karmic cowl-Red. My safe, "laid-back" strategy was run to the back of the arena with yuffie, quickly cast ATB ward on Yuffie, have Yuffie cast mag-haste, start the brumal cheese, and then have the others spam aga, stardust ray, and any limits I had. Seventh seal was a cake walk mostly. Fire-elemental came in VERY clutch in the last round. Now I'm getting slaughtered by Rulers lol. I hope this helps anyone else who is struggling with Hellions. 

11 minutes ago, JayVRVX said:

I just wanted to update you guys and say thanks! Yuffie-Brumal + Aerith-ATB ward got me through! Red was my third, I gave him enemy skill materia which came in handy for some chip damage and status. I gave Aerith fire and ice linked to magnify, as well as fire linked to two mp absorbs. I also gave aerith binding materia (so I could sleep king Tonberry and get that mf Joker out of the way). I also gave magnify-time materia which was awesome for speeding up ATB and stopping enemies in a pinch. My accessories were Chokoking cape-Aerith, Speed demon keychain-Yuffie, Enhanced karmic cowl-Red. My safe, "laid-back" strategy was run to the back of the arena with yuffie, quickly cast ATB ward on Yuffie, have Yuffie cast mag-haste, start the brumal cheese, and then have the others spam aga, stardust ray, and any limits I had. Seventh seal was a cake walk mostly. Fire-elemental came in VERY clutch in the last round. Now I'm getting slaughtered by Rulers lol. I hope this helps anyone else who is struggling with Hellions. 

Wy 2 MP absorb on fire? Don't recall they stack?!

Any congrats 👏!

For Rulers, don't forget magnify Manawall or you'll get too much damage, you also need the Genji on Aerith so she can 30k hit, if you don't have it go and get it. Gilga can frog you so you need mag resist too. The whole run takes like 5 minutes (Ice for the first fight, thunder for Alexander and fire for the rest)

35 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

Wy 2 MP absorb on fire? Don't recall they stack?!

Any congrats 👏!

For Rulers, don't forget magnify Manawall or you'll get too much damage, you also need the Genji on Aerith so she can 30k hit, if you don't have it go and get it. Gilga can frog you so you need mag resist too. The whole run takes like 5 minutes (Ice for the first fight, thunder for Alexander and fire for the rest)

Aye, thank you. I'll take all the advice I can get!

• Like 1