Additional Tips/Updates to Guide

baboon_overlord

Hi everyone,

@PatrickPCRE5 - thanks for the superb guide, I have gotten through this game extremely fast thanks to you and only have the fishing trophy left, but I'm wondering if there has been an update because some things are definitely different.

The biggest one is the "Major" trophy. I got that this evening. After completing the "W.M.D." mission, I decided to speak to Captain Sydney in the vain hope that I would be promoted - and I was! I did not complete "Research Recovery", "The Conspiracy's Conclusion ", "First Contact" or "Top Gun".

I also found a way to circumvent the bugs in Lieutenant Oswald's missions. If you play in Spiltscreen mode, pick up your alt in a helicopter, then land on a roof of a building where you need to place a Horde Beacon (the only exception is "W.M.D" as the alt can just climb and stay in the tower)..

The alt just stays where nothing can touch it. Make sure the alt has plenty of food and drink (MREs are the best as they cure both hunger and thirst) and keep replacing the gasmask filters on the "W.M.D." mission. Position the alt so you can see the Beacon at all times.

That way, if your main dies, the Beacon doesn't despawn and you can carry on the mission where you left off.

Even better though, the mission will be marked complete as soon as you kill the last regular Zombie - leaving the Mega Zombie as an optional kill! Doing it this way is ten times better and faster than doing it solo, that damned airport mission drove me crazy and I was sure there was a better way. Sure it makes the framerate drop to nothing and introduces a ton of lag, but even that is ten times better than having to suffer the frustration. 

I got all the trophies playing in offline mode, so there are no issues there.

For the Paragon trophy, I just kept doing Step 1 until I got the trophy, there wasn't any point in doing the additional steps as I was quickly earning +25 reputation. Again, maybe this has been changed?

1. Player 2 starts by shooting Player 1 one time with a rocket near Player 1 but not too close that it kills them, then Player 1 proceeds to kill Player 2 by shooting a rocket at him. Player 1 will earn +1 reputation per kill. Rinse and repeat this process 5 more times.

I found a few minor better ways to do other trophies but I will leave others to figure things out as that's half the fun right?

I would say that playing with a turbo controller, and preferably a controller capable of autofiring like the Horipad 4 FPS makes this game so much more bearable as you can automate repetitive tasks, semi-AFK or fully AFK (I left the game running all night with an elastic band running forward and autofiring the Cross button to jump to get the "Hiking" trophy).

The game never crashed for me once in game, it mainly crashed after I had been playing for a while, saving, exiting to the menu and starting the game up again. It did crash once while I was saving but fortunately the save file wasn't damaged.

I've gotten the trophies extremely quickly and efficiently but would say "Hiking" takes much longer than it should - I left it AFKing for eleven hours and only played on the Russia map and had earned a lot of the trophies by that point. Similarly, "Roadtrip" takes much longer, it's only 100km, a helicopter flies at 71kph, so that definitely takes longer than it should as well.

As a result I would say this is probably a 35 hour Plat.

This one is just for @PatrickPCRE5 - on the guide, none of my trophies are marked in green and I cannot give your guide a rating because the site says I don't own the game! I have the EU version, I'm not sure what the issue is, maybe it's only setup for the NA version?

EHkN4WB.png

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 1