Other than the bugged/0.00% trophies - how difficult is the game?

Spraragen88

How tough would you say this would be to platinum, if the lost property trophy wasn't weird. Are the time trials, ranked matches and headline bouts really hard? I was hoping to pick this up as an easy platinum and hope it only takes like 30 hours to do so. 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Spraragen88 said:

How tough would you say this would be to platinum, if the lost property trophy wasn't weird. Are the time trials, ranked matches and headline bouts really hard? I was hoping to pick this up as an easy platinum and hope it only takes like 30 hours to do so. 

That is a vast underestimation as far as I can tell of my playtime with the game so far.

I am currently sitting at 46 hours of playtime.

Here is my completion numbers as of right now:

One Man Army: Owned many parts of the strongest class for each vehicle type. 8/53

Training Results: Gave Beelzebub multiple skill upgrades. 11/16
Strong Together: Gave your allies multiple skill upgrades. 15/28
Express Traveler: Activated all Fast Travel points. 33/108   (I have unlocked absolutely all points I currently have access to at this point in the game.)

Racer: Cleared a certain number of Time Attacks. 4/10
Interior Designer: Furnished your room. 19/100
Outlaw: Defeated a certain number of gang bosses. 1/5

I have completed 26 side quests so far, every single one currently available to me. There are at LEAST 76 side quests, if not more.

It is not necessarily that things are hard, it is just very large and long game. Even with fast travel points once you unlock them in areas, you will be doing a lot of traveling around.

Perhaps others can comment and I am just slow, as I AM filling out all the map sections as I reach them, but I do not really feel that I am going too slowly. I do actually listen to the story though, I am not skipping content to rapidly get trophies.

Unless the pace rapidly changes at the later half of the game I expect to finish this at 80-100 hours.

Edited by Halaster
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Spraragen88 said:

I'm almost 60 hours into it, and I have only two trophies left. The one for a certain number of side quests, which I don't get it because I did everything (even the repeatable side quests at least two times each), and the one for the lost properties. I got a lot of them, but still nothing so there should be other lost items somewhere.

There are side quests that you trigger them by talking to NPCs or interacting with random items in the world. Example, there was a random box that I tried to open and it said it was locked and got a cutscene afterwards for a side quest that wasn't showing on the map, neither did the chest with the purchasable treasure maps.

So for both the side quests and the lost property they mean a certain amount but I'm 99.99% sure you need all of them.

Best bet is to lick walls and check every single corner in the game to find everything. Personally I'll just wait for a guide. I have so many other things to play so I'm not wasting 10h+ doing it.

But answering your question I would say 50-70h depending on how fast you clean the content and if you know where things are.

I have 39h and I'm only left with 6 or 7 races, idk how many ranked matches there are but I'm in challenge 11 (around 25 challenges done) and the headline bouts I'm 1/3 of the way.

Game overall isn't hard just long. Only the Ranked matches and Headline bouts will be the boring part of the game imo.

9 minutes ago, Kthasin said:

There are side quests that you trigger them by talking to NPCs or interacting with random items in the world. Example, there was a random box that I tried to open and it said it was locked and got a cutscene afterwards for a side quest that wasn't showing on the map, neither did the chest with the purchasable treasure maps.

So for both the side quests and the lost property they mean a certain amount but I'm 99.99% sure you need all of them.

Best bet is to lick walls and check every single corner in the game to find everything. Personally I'll just wait for a guide. I have so many other things to play so I'm not wasting 10h+ doing it.

But answering your question I would say 50-70h depending on how fast you clean the content and if you know where things are.

I have 39h and I'm only left with 6 or 7 races, idk how many ranked matches there are but I'm in challenge 11 (around 25 challenges done) and the headline bouts I'm 1/3 of the way.

Game overall isn't hard just long. Only the Ranked matches and Headline bouts will be the boring part of the game imo.

I think I missed the random box you mentioned. For sure I talked to everyone in every city/village (this way I got a letter to give to a demon), and I checked every ruin/hill/cave, though I didn't complete every base or get every treasure in every map.

There are a total of 52 Ranked matches and 39 Headline Bouts (each boss x3), and yes, they are extremely boring.

I will second or third what was said here about game length and difficulty.

Although I will say I found some of the challenges quite entertaining because I tried to beat them so early on. I’d prob find them more boring if I was leveled up / OP by the time I got to them. 

One thing I will say about this game is some of the reviews I noticed complained about the story being bad. However, I couldn’t disagree more. Not only are the story & characters very good…it’s actually one of the biggest strengths of the game and main reasons to play it imo. There are so many things to complain about this game but the story is not one of them. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Aelinar said:

I think I missed the random box you mentioned. For sure I talked to everyone in every city/village (this way I got a letter to give to a demon), and I checked every ruin/hill/cave, though I didn't complete every base or get every treasure in every map.

There are a total of 52 Ranked matches and 39 Headline Bouts (each boss x3), and yes, they are extremely boring.

image.png?ex=66350ead&is=6633bd2d&hm=137

image.png?ex=66350e77&is=6633bcf7&hm=bb6

Found it here. It's basically next to Spino, SouthEast of it.

And by letter to a demon you mean the blind girl when she's in the capital and give it to Knocker back in Demon village? I don't think that counted as a side quest for me. It was just a random interaction.

Edited by Kthasin
  • Like 2

Oh gosh, I wasn't expecting this to be such a massive game and require 60+ hours to do everything.

I mean I am all for it, I really liked the anime and now I will get this tomorrow (payday!)

I might get Stellar Blade as well and play through that and wait until we know what's happening with the lost property trophy...

7 hours ago, Kthasin said:

image.png?ex=66350ead&is=6633bd2d&hm=137

image.png?ex=66350e77&is=6633bcf7&hm=bb6

Found it here. It's basically next to Spino, SouthEast of it.

And by letter to a demon you mean the blind girl when she's in the capital and give it to Knocker back in Demon village? I don't think that counted as a side quest for me. It was just a random interaction.

Oh wow, so there really are Easter Egg missions. This changes everything lol. 

Is your tally showing 77 Side Quests? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I can confirm that there are 78 side quests in the game. 75 normal ones which probably most players will complete naturally since they will be marked on the map plus three hidden side quests.

• Cry for Help: Will be marked on the map west of royal capital in Sand Land. But only once you did enough of the random rescue quests. I don't have the exact number, but i would say after around 20 this quest will be unlocked.
  • Tiny Bandits: Started by interacting with a certain treasure chest southeast of Spino. This one is super mean, because the treasure chest won't even be marked on the minimap if you have the treasure map for the area.
  • Tank of Legend: Also this quest won't be marked on the map. It can be started by approaching a group of people on the side of the road that leads to Kilos in the northeast of Forest Land.

If you do all 78 side quests you will unlock the "Spino Do-Gooder" and "Here to Help!" trophies. What choices you made in some of the side quests doesn't matter. Also you don't need to do the repeatable ones again. I also did a video where i show all the starting locations including the trophy pops in the end.

Edited by Chromar
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Chromar said:

I can confirm that there are 78 side quests in the game. 75 normal ones which probably most players will complete naturally since they will be marked on the map plus three hidden side quests.

• Cry for Help: Will be marked on the map west of royal capital in Sand Land. But only once you did enough of the random rescue quests. I don't have the exact number, but i would say after around 20 this quest will be unlocked.
  • Tiny Bandits: Started by interacting with a certain treasure chest southeast of Spino. This one is super mean, because the treasure chest won't even be marked on the minimap if you have the treasure chest for the area.
  • Tank of Legend: Also this quest won't be marked on the map. It can be started by approaching a group of people on the side of the road that leads to Kilos in the northeast of Forest Land.

If you do all 78 side quests you will unlock the "Spino Do-Gooder" and "Here to Help!" trophies. What choices you made in some of the side quests doesn't matter. Also you don't need to do the repeatable ones again. I also did a video where i show all the starting locations including the trophy pops in the end.

Thanks for the video! I Apparently I had 2 of these 3 missions done. Was only missing Tank of Legends for all 78.