Beware the Sunken Battleship - Game Breaking Bug

Halaster

Posted (edited)

Game is bugged. I am 65 hours in on my save currently on the "Sunken Battleship" quest.

Specifically the part where you first pick up a battery and insert it into a slot to power the door to open.

My game has bugged out and I am completely locked out of progressing further.

It allowed me to pick up the battery and place it into the slot before the prompt telling me to do so. The door opened and I went into the next room, and placed the next battery as well. The second door did not open even with both slots green.

I went back to the previous room and the prompt appeared asking me to place the battery into the slot. The problem is the battery is already in the slot. There is nothing else to place, and nothing I do can get the game to acknowledge that the battery is already there. I have tried to load the autosave and it is saved with the battery already placed, waiting for me to place it.

The door to enter into this room is red and locked. I teleported out of the dungeon and tried to go back in and now I cannot even get into the battery room anymore since the door is red and cannot be accessed from outside.

Be careful with this room and quest step, as you can break your game. Restarting the game, and reloading does not help. In my situation I do not have a recent save, so am essentially completely screwed. Autosave saved after the battery was entered even though the quest did not detect it as entered.

Here is a video showing the state you get stuck in with no way to progress: 

Edited by Halaster