Chapter Select Hard Mode

Posted (edited)

I did it from Chapter One.

Buy or transmute a lot of cushions. You can recover MP by sitting at Chocobo Stops. The only chapters you can't do this is Chapter 1, Chapter 11 (Shinra Manor to Roche fight),  Chapter 12 (Golden Saucer) , Chapter 13 (temple)  and Chapter 14 (Temple/Sepiroth) as you can only rest on regular benches which doesn't recover MP.

You'll need to do all the side quests on hard mode to get all the transcripts required to unlock all the abilities trophy (also you'll need to max your party level to 10 to unlock the final ability.)

But you can do it out of order and leave the side quests on Chapter 13 before you go to the temple. I did this and abuse the AP level up by redoing The White Haired Angel side quest over and over again,

There are a few tear your hair off boss battles, especially Rufus in Chapter 12. I spend a long time beating that bastard.

Edited by KHDelBoy
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, KHDelBoy said:

I did it from Chapter One.

Buy or transmute a lot of cushions. You can recover MP by sitting at Chocobo Stops. The only chapters you can't do this is Chapter 1, Chapter 11 (Shinra Manor to Roche fight),  Chapter 12 (Golden Saucer) , Chapter 13 (temple)  and Chapter 14 (Temple/Sepiroth) as you can only rest on regular benches which doesn't recover MP.

You'll need to do all the side quests on hard mode to get all the transcripts required to unlock all the abilities trophy (also you'll need to max your party level to 10 to unlock the final ability.)

But you can do it out of order and leave the side quests on Chapter 13 before you go to the temple. I did this and abuse the AP level up by redoing The White Haired Angel side quest over and over again,

There are a few tear your hair off boss battles, especially Rufus in Chapter 12. I spend a long time beating that bastard.

You also can't use Chocobo Stops in Chapters 3, 5, or 6. Chapter 3 you're in the Mythril Mines, Chapter 5 on the boat, and Chapter 6 in Costa Del Sol. There are also many other sections where you don't have access to the open world and therefore don't have the ability to rest at Chocobo Stop due to being locked in a dungeon, such as Corel Mines, Cave of the Gi, Gongaga's Mako Reactor, etc...

Also, you really don't need all the manuscripts for the trophy. The trophy only requires unlocking the purple abilities in the folios and the level 3 limit breaks. The blue abilities and the synergies are not needed. You get more than enough points just from leveling up and beating bosses on hard mode.

You also don't need party level 10 as the final ability is a blue one and therefore not needed for the trophy.

Edited by Nick240894

1 hour ago, Nick240894 said:

You also can't use Chocobo Stops in Chapters 3, 5, or 6. Chapter 3 you're in the Mythril Mines, Chapter 5 on the boat, and Chapter 6 in Costa Del Sol. There are also many other sections where you don't have access to the open world and therefore don't have the ability to rest at Chocobo Stop due to being locked in a dungeon, such as Corel Mines, Cave of the Gi, Gongaga's Mako Reactor, etc...

Also, you really don't need all the manuscripts for the trophy. The trophy only requires unlocking the purple abilities in the folios and the level 3 limit breaks. The blue abilities and the synergies are not needed. You get more than enough points just from leveling up and beating bosses on hard mode.

You also don't need party level 10 as the final ability is a blue one and therefore not needed for the trophy.

Good to know that about the party level not necessary. But it is necessary for the Johnny Hotel trophy as some are linked to certain mini games on hard (not looking forward to that tbh.)

Yeah I know that I have forgotten some chapters. Must because I passed through those chapters with ease (but I can't believe how much I forget about Cave of the Gi. That boss is such a pain in the ass on hard mode too.)

One other thing is that you can just run past or flee most of the battles and get to the bosses or end of chapter.

4 hours ago, KHDelBoy said:

Good to know that about the party level not necessary. But it is necessary for the Johnny Hotel trophy as some are linked to certain mini games on hard (not looking forward to that tbh.)

Yeah I know that I have forgotten some chapters. Must because I passed through those chapters with ease (but I can't believe how much I forget about Cave of the Gi. That boss is such a pain in the ass on hard mode too.)

One other thing is that you can just run past or flee most of the battles and get to the bosses or end of chapter.

You can do Hard mode for protorelic mini games on your first walkthrough after you finish the normal one. Don't need to start game on hard.

• Like 2