Permanently Banned from Modern Warfare Services

So, I boot up Modern Warfare 2019 to go ahead and finish the campaign to obtain the Platinum, I noticed that I couldn't get online because I have been banned...

I haven't played this game since 2020 and don't recall being banned, I also have never cheated.

I saw on Reddit that many users have been randomly banned with no explanation as well.

I appealed it yesterday and Activison basically said nah, you're still banned, with no reasoning.

Anyway, I like to get 100% completion on all games so does this mean I can never obtain 'Liberation'? Because I cannot go online...

Posted (edited)

Yes, you'll need to connect to their servers for Liberation. 

Do you know if your psn is banned or your Activision account? Try unlinking your psn from the Activision account and link it to a new Activision account. You might lose some online progress for things, but you can't use it anymore anyway. You can unlink and link back to the original if you ever wanted to.

I would've also suggested waiting it out to see if the ban gets lifted as I know other people's have in older cods, but if you last played in 2020 then that might not be an option.

Edited by Riiszk
  • Like 3

Thanks for the reply! That's good to know.

I'm not entirely sure but hopefully it is my Activision account so I can try what you suggested :)
Yeah I heard they banned upwards of 500,000 players some time ago, don't think it will be lifted at this point.

Honestly does my head in that there is 1 DLC trophy 😑

19 hours ago, SuperSaiyanXI said:

I appealed it yesterday and Activison basically said nah, you're still banned, with no reasoning.

I get that just like with this site there are instances where it's not smart to give out all the details to a ban, but I'm getting really tired really fast of these tech companies acting like discussing account bans is some sort of matter of national security. Larger companies the size of Activision should have nothing to hide if your ban is valid.

"We can't tell you why, and we can't tell you why we can't tell you why, but trust us, we're correct and this is the best action for all parties involved." What kind of crap is that?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kindajustin said:

I get that just like with this site there are instances where it's not smart to give out all the details to a ban, but I'm getting really tired really fast of these tech companies acting like discussing account bans is some sort of matter of national security. Larger companies the size of Activision should have nothing to hide if your ban is valid.

"We can't tell you why, and we can't tell you why we can't tell you why, but trust us, we're correct and this is the best action for all parties involved." What kind of crap is that?

Exactly, I understand that as well.

Considering I wasn't banned back in 2020 and have never cheated, I would have loved a valid reason for the ban.

Of course the only DLC trophy must be obtained online...