Can you turn off the looting/skinning animations?

played the game when it first came out and the looting/skinning animations take so long it bored me to death and i ditched the game, was thinking of going back to it to do the story if you can turn off the animations for looting/skinning. Ive looked online but cant find any mention of this other than around the release date so if anyone knows id appriciate it.

no you can't. just play another game instead, like assassin's creed - they don't have those boring skinning/looting animations ;)
or play it on pc. there has to be a dedicated mod for this for sure, hell, I'm pretty sure there is a mod for anything you can imagine on pc...

If you even can’t handle waiting to watch the skinning for a few seconds then this isn’t the game for you. Go play Fortnite.

10 hours ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

Does parking your horse on the poor animals dead body skip the animation or was that only in RDR 1? 

Nah it works in 2.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sindrics said:

played the game when it first came out and the looting/skinning animations take so long it bored me to death and i ditched the game, was thinking of going back to it to do the story if you can turn off the animations for looting/skinning. Ive looked online but cant find any mention of this other than around the release date so if anyone knows id appriciate it.

It's quicker in online, but story mode is a more grounded and immersive experience. Honestly if the realistic animations bored you first time around it's unlikely to change now. Either stick with it and persevere with one of the greatest open worlds ever crafted or move on. RDR2's emotional journey is absolutely amazing, but it didn't hit with everyone. And that's okay.