Weaves just got slightly easier (Patched the next day)

Posted (edited)

So anyone that has played weaves will tell you how god awful and difficult they are, well the latest patch notes are

Weaves of Magic

Winds of Magic Illusions in Adventure

We haven’t forgotten about this! Owners of the Winds of Magic expansion can now use the illusions from the Athanor weapons of the Weaves of Magic game mode in Adventure Mode. Simply unlock the weapon in the Athanor and you will have the new illusion unlocked for that weapon!

Weaves Game Mode improvements

We’ve made some changes to the game mode to tackle some of the issues with the mode itself. For starters, bots can now accompany you in public Ranked Weaves, which should help with the biggest blocker for those lacking a dedicated 4-man group for Weaves.

The second thing is that running out of time no longer ends the match prematurely. This is the second biggest issue we’ve seen that prevents players from properly engaging with the game mode. Running out of time still disqualifies your team from scoring for the leaderboards, but at least you can still complete the match!

On the subject of leaderboards, the leaderboard will now default to showing friends’ scores only (you can still manually check the global leaderboards, though!).

The timer was 100% the most infuriating part of the weaves, but now it's basically moot (unless you care about leaderboards), it should make the weaves easier (not easy XD)

EDIT - literally the very next day Fatshark drop this utter dumbass move

Features & Tweaks

• You no longer unlock next ranked weave if you finish a game without any time left.

So the whole timer aspect of the patch was completely fucking pointless 😕

Edited by Dark_Overlord

This update will definitely make weaves a lot easier because the timer was the only thing that forced us to push forward recklessly instead of waiting in camp or glitch spots till the enemies were dead. Now you can lure enemies to these spots until you have a clear way to the end portal. 

This reminds me of the awful weave 76, we had a good spot but the time wasn't enough. When all my teammates died I had to run the entire area as Handmaiden and destroy the crystals😂 

Spoiler

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, MohandGamer7 said:

This update will definitely make weaves a lot easier because the timer was the only thing that forced us to push forward recklessly instead of waiting in camp or glitch spots till the enemies were dead. Now you can lure enemies to these spots until you have a clear way to the end portal. 

This reminds me of the awful weave 76, we had a good spot but the time wasn't enough. When all my teammates died I had to run the entire area as Handmaiden and destroy the crystals😂 

Hide contents

Nice :)

I think the biggest issue was that Handmaiden was pretty much required for so many levels 😕  You really couldn't have many variations with that damn timer.

Edited by Dark_Overlord