Easy 8,000 High Score points in Writer's Block...

Eispan

Posted (edited)

Another cheat that we can take advantage of are the Fire Hydrants which I used to rack up the 8,000 pts needed for the Writer's Block level.  Make sure to have the Unbreakable Bat cheat code in handy: :l3: :l3: :circle: :up: :circle:  :select: (Touch Pad Left on the PS4)

Just breaking stuff around and doing special combos during fights will not be enough, at least for me it was not.  I barely made it to 4,000 pts doing this casually in my first attempt.  With this technique, I was able to finish the level with a High Score of 11,095 pts.  Take out the 8K (fire hydrant grind) from the equation and be left with only 3,095 pts - which is 4,915 pts short of the requirement. 

For repeatedly whacking the fire hydrant, +5 pts will be awarded for every hit.  Just watch something on a tablet, phone or on the PC to pass the time - blindly spamming :cross: until we get the right amount of points needed.  There are 3 fire hydrants by the roadside in this chapter, we only need to work on one.

DO NOT enter the competition (area) or venture too far until we have gotten this objective out of the way.  Moving away from the hydrant will stop it from giving out extra points.  However there will still be two nearby to vandalise and continue farming the points.

Also DO NOT attack or mug the any of the mimes that stand as a lookout on a balcony and the two that welcome entrants by the gates.  Doing so will be a GAME OVER and this means having to do that whack-a-grind all over again.  I learned this the hard way!

We can also do this with a few other things in other levels.  I was able to do this while punching on a phone booth (next to a stairwell in the Destroyer chapter), fridges (on display at Charlie's plumbing store) and a soda vending machine (outside Stefano's meat market).  Do note that these extra ones will not be available to farm on every level, just the fire hydrants.  They also do not appear all the time when visiting the same area in another chapter.

So take advantage of this when we do come across things that allow it.

Edited by Eispan
The cheat code for Lose Cops is also CIRCLE at the end of the cheat code - NOT square.
  • Like 1