Borderlands' Creators Are Making A First-Person MOBA

Lady Lilith

http://kotaku.com/this-is-the-next-game-from-the-makers-of-borderlands-1601747807

j9cgzrotg76s8b7ffrey.pngEXPAND

The next big game from Gearbox is Battleborn, a first-person multiplayer game that appears to be their take on the MOBA genre. It'll be out for PC, Xbox One, and PS4.

Here's the first trailer:

Gearbox announced the game through this month's issue of Game Informer, and they're promising more information in the GI cover story. Here's the press release from publisher 2K:

2K and Gearbox Software – the genre-fusing masters behind the award-winning and best-selling 
Borderlands
 franchise – today announced that their next big original IP,
Battleborn
 is in development for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. Affectionately called a hero-shooter by the dev team, 
Battleborn
 combines frenetic first-person shooting with co-operative combat, and an expansive collection of diverse heroes to create an experience unlike anything you've played before. Set in a distant future, the only hope for the last star in a dying universe is a new breed of warriors who must put aside their differences to drive back an unstoppable menace. Players choose from a myriad of powerful heroes and fight together alongside their friends in a narrative-driven co-operative campaign, or battle against them in fast-paced competitive multiplayer matches.

Are you ready for a Gearbox-developed first-person MOBA?

I don't even know what the fuck a MOBA is.

A MOBA is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena basically a game like Dota 2 or League of Legends.

On topic this game could be fun

I know what it stands for and that it's like those games, but I guess the thing I was trying to say is I don't know what the gameplay is like.  Kinda like PvP in World of Warcraft, I guess? I've never bothered with League of Legends of Dota 2, but isn't that more tower defense-ish?

I know what it stands for and that it's like those games, but I guess the thing I was trying to say is I don't know what the gameplay is like.  Kinda like PvP in World of Warcraft, I guess? I've never bothered with League of Legends of Dota 2, but isn't that more tower defense-ish?

The gameplay would be 5v5 with players trying to defend each of their three lanes filled towers in them, so the other team won't reach the one in their base. Sorry if its not much help. Haven't played League or Dota in a while :( So, yeah basically tower defense-ish

Edited by UMA19

The gameplay would be 5v5 with players trying to defend each of their three lanes filled towers in them, so the other team won't reach the one in their base. Sorry if its not much help. Haven't played League or Dota in a while :( So, yeah basically tower defense-ish

Reminds me of Plants vs Zombies