Ratchet and Clank 2 HD Error C2-12828-1

You said it! With the high cost of PS Vita memory cards, most people are going to aim at the retail version (as we did) and if there is no retail version, they might as well not get the game at all......if they are smart enough they'll release the physical version too, which should mean an insta-patch for the game, otherwise no one would buy it either because the topic has created some buzz in forums! I guess we'll know in a week :D

I like to think I'm helping on the buzz front (I have posted about this in every forum I can find). If you're up for a laugh then I got a response to another of my emails to Sony about the matter. See below...

Thanks for your e-mail to PlayStation Support.

I can see from your e-mail that you’re having some problems with your console. Unfortunately I’ll need more details on the problem you’re having before I’m able to help you.

Therefore I’d be grateful if you’d contact PlayStation Support using the contact details below.

Thank you,

Sending the exact details (again) ;)

Edited by Coodookie

Hey Omar. 

Out of curiosity are you using the original Vita or the slim?

I've got two people on a gamefaqs forum saying they aren't getting the error from the physical copy and both are using the OLED version.

Could be something?

I'm using the slim version, is the issue only happening in the Vita 2000? Well, that's a bummer, the more narrow the error is, the less likely they'll fix it >..<

By the way, LMAO at the emails you get from Sony, it is plain unbelievable lol

I'm not sure whether the error is only affecting the 2000. As I say, on a gamefaqs forum I've seen two people post they haven't had trouble with the OLED whilst me and you are both using Slims. Could be something, could be nothing. Got me curious though.

I'm not sure whether the error is only affecting the 2000. As I say, on a gamefaqs forum I've seen two people post they haven't had trouble with the OLED whilst me and you are both using Slims. Could be something, could be nothing. Got me curious though.

It's curious indeed.....the more we know about the error, the better, I'll keep an eye on forums to see if more OLED owners come up following the pattern, thanks for the interest you're taking on this, if this gets fixed, it'll be partly thanks to you buddy :D

I recently earned the Platinum for Ratchet & Clank 2 on the Vita and I have to mention how needlessly frustrating it was having the game crash randomly, or freeze, or quit entirely whenever I travelled to/from a spherical planet. For what it's worth, I bought my PS Vita on launch day and haven't had a problem with it - and then I bought the physical copy of the Ratchet & Clank Trilogy and Ratchet & Clank 2 kept screwing up.

The worst part is that the game continues on just fine despite the crashes - it'll just save right before it bugs out so that you can continue from the planet you travelled to - but it's a disgusting inconvenience. Ratchet & Clank 3 doesn't do it, and neither does the original.

Some of the missions also remain incomplete as well. You can't sabotage the array on Maktar Nebula because it will crash, and you CAN'T ACTUALLY GET THE MAPPER (or whatever item it is) on Damosel because the game will crash right after you defeat the Mothership. It made finding all the crystals and moonstones far more tedious than it needed to be.

I recently earned the Platinum for Ratchet & Clank 2 on the Vita and I have to mention how needlessly frustrating it was having the game crash randomly, or freeze, or quit entirely whenever I travelled to/from a spherical planet. For what it's worth, I bought my PS Vita on launch day and haven't had a problem with it - and then I bought the physical copy of the Ratchet & Clank Trilogy and Ratchet & Clank 2 kept screwing up.

The worst part is that the game continues on just fine despite the crashes - it'll just save right before it bugs out so that you can continue from the planet you travelled to - but it's a disgusting inconvenience. Ratchet & Clank 3 doesn't do it, and neither does the original.

Some of the missions also remain incomplete as well. You can't sabotage the array on Maktar Nebula because it will crash, and you CAN'T ACTUALLY GET THE MAPPER (or whatever item it is) on Damosel because the game will crash right after you defeat the Mothership. It made finding all the crystals and moonstones far more tedious than it needed to be.

I get your frustration, I've put the game on hold in hopes for a patch, but we'll have to wait and see what happens. The game prevents you from getting the Map-o-Matic as you said, and that complicates stuff.....the game is not out in the US yet, it was going to be released only digital last Tuesday but got delayed without an explanation, they might be working on fixing the error to release both physical and digital versions in the US, it's pretty much our only hope as of right now. 

So would your vita be an OLED model? Or are you using a slim? Testing a new theory.

I understand how frustrating it is. I personally have halted progress on the Trilogy in hope of a fix. I platinum'd 1 but don't want to play 3 until I've finished 2 so I can transfer the weapons. Personally only had my Vita about 2 months and have fallen in love but this error is seriously making me regret ever getting one :(

Long time lurker but after stumbling upon this thread i had to register. I can confirm the issue is not limited to the slim model, finished R&C last night and started the second entry today just gone through three crashes (to the jamming array, back from it and then back to it again as the mission didn't register as complete). Absolutely gutted that an issue like this could make it through "quality control" I'm using a launch Vita and the physical version of the game :-(

So would your vita be an OLED model? Or are you using a slim? Testing a new theory.

I understand how frustrating it is. I personally have halted progress on the Trilogy in hope of a fix. I platinum'd 1 but don't want to play 3 until I've finished 2 so I can transfer the weapons. Personally only had my Vita about 2 months and have fallen in love but this error is seriously making me regret ever getting one :(

Mine's an OLED one. Pretty sure it's just the physical copy of the game that does this from what I've read, but I can't confirm that 100%.

Okay, so the error applies to both Vita versions, that is actually more logical. Coodookie, I wouldn't regret getting a Vita, I got it a month ago and despite the fact that I HATE this issue, the Vita is still a consistent handheld, I put the blame on the game itself, it's really frustrating :(

As I said, NA launch is set to July 29th and they still haven't said a word about the issue, but people are starting to say that it's either physical or not at all for them, so if they don't fix this, they'll be losing quite a bunch of sales.

Okay, so the error applies to both Vita versions, that is actually more logical. Coodookie, I wouldn't regret getting a Vita, I got it a month ago and despite the fact that I HATE this issue, the Vita is still a consistent handheld, I put the blame on the game itself, it's really frustrating :(

As I said, NA launch is set to July 29th and they still haven't said a word about the issue, but people are starting to say that it's either physical or not at all for them, so if they don't fix this, they'll be losing quite a bunch of sales.

I think I just needed a vent. I don't really regret getting it. I've managed to build up a decent collection in such a short time. Good thing is I've got Borderlands 2, FFX and The Walking Dead Season 1 to tide me over until I come back to R&C. 

Got an email back from IGN. Said they were sorry but they couldn't help me. Advised to contact Sony support  :huh:

It's like they're all in cahoots or something!

• Like 1

I think I just needed a vent. I don't really regret getting it. I've managed to build up a decent collection in such a short time. Good thing is I've got Borderlands 2, FFX and The Walking Dead Season 1 to tide me over until I come back to R&C. 

Got an email back from IGN. Said they were sorry but they couldn't help me. Advised to contact Sony support  :huh:

It's like they're all in cahoots or something!

That's great, I'm also loving the system so far, I have plenty to play on it despite having it for such a short period of time. 

The media tend to favor the companies, and given the silence everyone has, IGN would not dare to break it, ufortunately, so yeah, cahoots after all lol

Tuesday keeps getting closer and we know nothing.....this is not looking good.

Hello to anyone reading this. 

A Vita fan has started a petition for Sony to fix this and problems in other Vita ports (I'm most interested in R&C as you can probably tell ;)

The link is posted below. It takes no time at all and who knows we might just change something!

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/sony-computer-entertainment-patch-ps-vita-s-ported-games

Had a reply to one of my many emails that's a little better than what I've had so far...

Thanks for your e-mail about Ratchet And Clank 2. 

As you might know, games for PlayStation Vita are made by many different companies and that Ratchet And Clank 2 is made by Insomniac Games and Mass Media Inc. 

You might find some help with this game on their website at:

http://www.insomniacgames.com/about/contact-us/

We are currently also investigating this from our end as well.

If you're having issues with your console or PlayStation Network, please contact PlayStation Support using the contact details below or by replying to this e-mail.

Whether or not they're actually investigating it is another thing entirely though. But at least this response is on topic  :yay:

• Like 2

Just when you thought things were looking up...

Thanks for your e-mail about PlayStation Network (PSN).

I can see from your e-mail that your having some difficulty with Ratchet & Clank on PS Vita. Please check that you have installed the latest software update for the PS Vita

http://uk.playstation.com/psvita/support/system-software/detail/item699753/Update-features-%28ver-3-15%29/

Other users getting this error found that installing the latest software resolved the issue. 

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions please contact PlayStation Support using the contact details below or by replying to this e-mail.

I particularly like the other users have fixed by updating firmware comment! Considering 3.15 has been available since April and the game didn't release until July odds are everyone playing is already up to date. If anybody has gotten the game working through a firmware update and is reading this please let me know though!

Thanks for your e-mail to PlayStation Support.

We've received your e-mail and are looking into the matter for you. One of our team will be in touch with you shortly to discuss it with you further.

In the meantime, if you have any further queries, please contact PlayStation Support using the contact details below or by replying to this e-mail.

Thank you,

I'm not getting my hopes up again though. I've been sending the exact same email every day and this is the most I've gotten.      

:blah: 

I don't want to go over old ground but I too am having the same problem as everyone else with the game crashing.

One question I have though is does the glitch prevent you from getting the platinum???? I have never played ratchet and Clank 2 so i don't know what I will miss and if the map-o-matic item is needed for any trophies.

If any one can answer it would be great as I don't want to get into a game I have no chance of plating 

I don't want to go over old ground but I too am having the same problem as everyone else with the game crashing.

One question I have though is does the glitch prevent you from getting the platinum???? I have never played ratchet and Clank 2 so i don't know what I will miss and if the map-o-matic item is needed for any trophies.

If any one can answer it would be great as I don't want to get into a game I have no chance of plating 

From what I have gathered, the platinum is totally obtainable. The map-o-matic makes some trophies easier, but the internet can help you find anything in the game, so the only annoying part is that you're gonna be pushed back to the Vita main menu quite a bunch of times. I'm playing through the game myself and still haven't come across any blocked content or trophy, it's just plain annoying. At this point it's safe to say that the issue won't be fixed, which is why I started it already, I hope you enjoy it :)

I've noticed you can get the R&C Collection for download but not as a physical copy in the US. I guess that is their answer to the problem.

Exactly, as I stated earlier in the topic, their way out of this issue is preventing the US gamers from a retail version, the one with the problem going on......for me that's just the easy way out, not fair at all, but that's the way it is.....at least this is not wonderful for them either, they've lost tons of sales that physical version would've made (people do not get digital due to expensive memory cards)