PS4 beeping while turned off

Jurgen

So i just bought my 2nd PS4 about a week ago (1st one died few days after release  :angry: ) and have been noticing that it's beeping while it's turned off. I can't hear it during the day as it's a really faint/soft beep unless i put my ear really close to it but at night while trying to sleep i can always hear a clear beeping noise. I have been unplugging the power cord each night which solves my problem but i really shouldn't have to do that. My last PS4, from what i can remember never did this and neither have any of my other gaming consoles.
I'm thinking it's just the power running through it because it's plugged in (even thought it's powered off) but then if it was that, why is it beeping and not making a normal power/electrical noise? I'm just wondering if there's a fix for this or if it could turn out to be a problem that would need to be addressed in the future.
Also if anyone else is having this problem too, i'd like to know how you've been going about it.
I'd appreciate any help or feedback  :lol:

Do you have automatic updates set for night time?  Maybe you hear the hdd spinning up and down?

You could try swapping out your hdd for a different one.

I can hear my hdd and bluray spinning up and down from time to time while playing or inserting a disc. It sounds like a soft beep.

Otherwise, you may want to send it back.

• Like 1

Do you have automatic updates set for night time?  Maybe you hear the hdd spinning up and down?

You could try swapping out your hdd for a different one.

I can hear my hdd and bluray spinning up and down from time to time while playing or inserting a disc. It sounds like a soft beep.

Otherwise, you may want to send it back.

Nah it does this during the day and also when turned off. I don't think it'll be a big enough problem to send it back anyway. Thanks though