The Kamikaze Zombie

Agent-McWain

On Gamecube, When you complete both Chris's and Jill's scenarios on Normal or Hard Difficulty, use the same save game to find that a certain "star" zombie in the game is suddenly cast in an even larger and more frightening part. The Kamikaze Zombie will replace certain enemies in the levels, and it will wander from room to room searching for your character. This zombie is much faster than any other, and it is covered with bombs! If so much as one stray bullet hits this creature-BOOM!-instant game over. You cannot kill the kamikaze zombie, you can't use defense items against it, and it will always appear in the worst places at just the wrong moment. The tension increases to the boiling point when you hear a jingling of grenades and a special zombie moan. Watch out for this tough customer! The name of the mode was called "One Dangerous Zombie"

On the HD Remaster, Is this mode in the game? I see trophies for real survival mode and invisible enemy mode, but not this mode. Did they remove it or didn't give it a trophy due to how hard it is? 

Edited by Agent-McWain
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This kamikaze zombie is on the “once again” mode not matter the difficulty or the character it will appear

Where I found it

In the upper floor of the dining room (2 times)

In the passage in front of the piano room door (1 time)

In the passage in front of the dog that you have to whistle door (2 times)

In the passage in front of the picture gallery; the same place where you find the first hunter (every time I pass)

In the passage in front of the little library with the broken knob (where you find the dog whistle not where you fight the gigantic snake)

In the little room behind a shelves where you find the other portion of the moon light sonata notes (before the first fight with the gigantic snake)  

In the passage in front of the potions and elixirs little room

In the passage in front of the little room where you find the kerosene container for the first time

Besides you can hear a metallic sound when he walks to you

On Gamecube, When you complete both Chris's and Jill's scenarios on Normal or Hard Difficulty, use the same save game to find that a certain "star" zombie in the game is suddenly cast in an even larger and more frightening part. The Kamikaze Zombie will replace certain enemies in the levels, and it will wander from room to room searching for your character. This zombie is much faster than any other, and it is covered with bombs! If so much as one stray bullet hits this creature-BOOM!-instant game over. You cannot kill the kamikaze zombie, you can't ise defense items against it, and it will always appear in the worst places at just the wrong moment. The tension increases to the boiling point when you hear a jingling of grenades and a special zombie moan. Watch out for this tough customer! The name of the mode was called "One Dangerous Zombie"

On the HD Remaster, Is this mode in the game? I see trophies for real survival mode and invisible enemy mode, but not this mode. Did they remove it or didn't give it a trophy due to how hard it is? Here's a link to a video of what I am talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYoudPM84VA

O_O

My nerves can barely handle the normal encounters - zombies randomly breaking through windows, zombies jumping out of wardrobes, dogs jumping through glass in deserted corridors, giant spiders etc... and now you tell there is a zombie which "will wander from room to room searching for your character"!? 

(I never played the original [or any RE] and am playing to tick it of my list as everyone says its amazing.)

I have been checking the net for more infomation about this. It seems that it is not as bad as it seems. After you use the 4 death masks, apparently you never see him again in the game. All it really does is make the beginning part of the game silghty more challenging.

The only thing I am kinda let down about is that on the Gambecube/Wii port of the game. You got to chose if you wanted to start One Dangerous Zombie Mode or not. On the HD remaster, It is kinda forced on you when you start a new playthrough after loading up your last clear save data. Last clear save data as in the clear save data that you got for beating invisble enemy mode and / or real survivor mode I think. It's a good thing to have other clear save data before you clear those modes just in case you don't want to playthrough this mode all the time.

Edit: like pariaatribulado say, he only appears in certain areas of the mansion. there not many places he show up so... if you have a idea where he is, then you can watch out for him.

Edited by Agent-McWain

• 2 weeks later...

I have been checking the net for more infomation about this. It seems that it is not as bad as it seems. After you use the 4 death masks, apparently you never see him again in the game. All it really does is make the beginning part of the game silghty more challenging.

The only thing I am kinda let down about is that on the Gambecube/Wii port of the game. You got to chose if you wanted to start One Dangerous Zombie Mode or not. On the HD remaster, It is kinda forced on you when you start a new playthrough after loading up your last clear save data. Last clear save data as in the clear save data that you got for beating invisble enemy mode and / or real survivor mode I think. It's a good thing to have other clear save data before you clear those modes just in case you don't want to playthrough this mode all the time.

Edit: like pariaatribulado say, he only appears in certain areas of the mansion. there not many places he show up so... if you have a idea where he is, then you can watch out for him.

in the GC/Wii version it was the same once unlocked it is permanent and cannot be turned off.

• 3 weeks later...

If this "dangerous zombie mode" thingy is forced in the HD remaster without letting you to chose if you desire to play this mode or not, then that sucks to me at least T_T

I hate it when the devs added something in their games to force you to beat it as fast as possible, a timer like the ones been added in zelda majora's mask or recently lightning return.or something to hunt you down the entier game or at the end of the game.. reminds me of games like Resident evil 3 nemsis or fatal frame 3 the tormented.

things like those sure they may give some challenge or tension but most of the time it will get frustrating and not to courage you to go for a replay or a new game plus something.