Bad Choices - Including small ones - NO SPOILERS PL

DropeRj

I was trying to make a list of the bad choices (Big and small ones) that you can make in the game, but since I'm still in the beggining (Lvl 14 and just got to Novigrad, but trying to do all the possible side quests) I just know of two bad decisions that I've made that I've know the results of them, and I would like to everybody help to build this trying to not leave spoilers and trying to be the most ambiguous with the tips.

The big choices are easy to track, but those small subquests are the hardest ones, So my intention was to get the help of everybody.

Small Sbuquests:

White Orchads subquest (Exclamation mark) - There is a guy tied up in the swamps (Don't remember where) and you can choose to help him or leave him there. I made the choice to release him, but it turns out when I got to Novigrad he kills a family to get their money to pay for the debt he had for you (This second subquest is right after the "pass bridge to novigrad" following the left path). So I don't know what this family would bring up of a subquest if I actually did let him die in the swamps.

There is the subquest of helping the boy to find his brother, and I think I made the right choice to help everybody in this quest.

There is a subquest in the white orchad that you talk to some bandit/peasant, and after you help him, you need to chase him because he did something wrong (don't remember what he did), he tells you a story to help his village with remedies, I chose to let him help his village (still don't know the outcome of this.)

There is the subquest in Novigrad/Velen (Where you need the pass to go through the bridge) and there is a guard that asks you to deal with some bandits, I made the choice to help the bandits and not kill them (they're elves I think), but still don't know the outcome.

The Big choices:

For the Advancement of learning - Final quest of Keira Metz - Save before doing it, and go for the best outcome (I did the wrong choices but reloaded the save to make the right ones).

The Whispering Hillock - Save before doing this mission, and try to finish the "Return to Crookback Bog" after it so you can know the outcomes of your choices. But I've made the bad decision of helping the spirit. In the end it has an worse outcome to the baron quest (than killing the spirit) and to sum it up, the spirit Kills the whole city of Downwarren (I don't know it in the end game I have other quests in Downwarren). But you can choose to help the spirit, and in the last choice, you kill it by surprise, so you win the experience in the spirit quest.

Those are all the quests that I remember the choices that I made and some of the outcomes. If you guys can help fill this up!

Thanks everybody

Edited by DropeRj

I don't think we should divide decisions to good or bad!

Some decisions have consequences of different severity!

Like if you want to conclude the quest because simply as a player you don't wish to continue further on it! Or killing someone because they simply pissed you off!  For me those are the right decision because they reflect my how I feel during the gameplay.

On the other hand some decisions reflects greatly on how the story will develop later. these are considered as critical path decisions. I don't like to be a lone wolf. So I decided to make alies. Other might feel comfortable not to. Another would like to be friend with certain people but not all. It's their choice.

Looking at The Whispering Hillock as an example! This is a great deal decision. And I started this quest before meeting the baron or Keira Metz. I had no idea what was that thing. I thought why not helping it. Then remembered that I am supposed to be monster hunter! so I changed my mind by the end of the quest. This quest gives you the chance to change your decision later I guess.

Happy gaming everyone.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think we should divide decisions to good or bad!

There is no bad and good in The Witcher.

Actually, there are the good and correct choices to make and the bad and premeditated ones.

I'm still annoyed with some other choices because I didn't knew what the future awaited for those and that it had a better ending to the matter, that's why I wanted to make a list of those things to have an almost perfect run, at least, in a way that I can understand the consequences of those choices to make the one that I feel it's the most adequate.

Like I've said, I've regret saving a guy because after a while, he killed a family just to pay me the favor... because he was a thief and a cruel one, and I still don't know if that family would give me a quest.

But returning to the choices that you can take.

The whole Triss sidequests have choices regarding Djisktra and if he trusts you or not, I didn't knew that the answers would affect his help on another sidequest, but if you have the choice, tell the truth to him (I don't remember the correct answers, but is about telling him what is actually happening, because he knows everything).

There are some big choices in the Triss sidequest, but it's hard not to spoil anything, but, try to make them in a whole run, because there are several outcomes on those sidequests and it can affect the world around you (some of those choices I still don't know the consequences of the choices), so if you want to backtrack, it won't feel that you're loosing a lot of stuff.

There is a sidequest that you need to go to the theater and do some stuff. Save before doing it, because I made ALL the wrong choices in this particular sidequest, and if you do make the right choices the XP and Money income will be greatly affected.

There is a Sidequest that you need to help to choose some stuffs to build a place, like choosing the color of the walls and helping some people, the correct choice is to make the place theatrical and going trough the most cheap choices (To avoid spending money unnecessarily) and in second for the pacific choices.

There is a side quest to hunt a serial killer, and I've found it a fun side quest, but I've made the wrong choices and couldn't find who was the actual culprit. So, if you're in doubt if you've made the wrong choices, just try to save before this side quest and read the outcomes on the internet after you've finished it. When I've done this side quest I didn't care about who was the guy, but later on I got the message that I've made the wrong choices (I've crossed in an alley with another victim of the serial killer, but now he just erased all the clues to his whereabouts.)

I've went to skellige now (I don't have much time to play the game) and the Yennefer side quest have some outcomes, but I don't think many of them have a huge impacts in the enviroment, because the history must go on, so you need to accept some outcomes.

Nonetheless, there is another quest that you should finish before the Yennefer, it's about some guy that invaded a sacred area. You have a lot of choices, to this side quest, but you can have the "best" outcome SPOILER* HERE by saving this guy, and them killing him to get the best rewards that this quest has to offer. (I don't know what happens if he lives) END OF SPOILER HERE.

There are the side quests of helping the sons of the king, and the longest one is from Hjalmar, but you must be warned, THERE ARE 2 GUYS THAT YOU MUST SAVE IN THIS QUEST, besides Hjalmar. Just explore everything.

Later those side quests shall lead to a big choice for the skellige island, so try not to do the UGLY MAN quest before finishing all the other side quests, or you shall loose critical choices for the skellige and Novigrad that the game shall "make" those choices for you and I'm pretty sure that you're going to regret not doing everything before this quest.

What I meant by not good or not bad choices is that it depends on the player! You made a choice you face the later consequences!

It is annoying yes! But give more realistic to RPG choices. Because this is how it goes. You don't know the future. So you do an action and face its consequences.

Part of the choices is to ignore helping someone! And this happens a lot!

Some people likes to play "get over it" no matter what the ending is. So that makes sense.

But I understand what you mean.