God of War Ascension Pre-Order

GoW: A on Amazon

Does anybody else find it odd that Amazon is already taking pre-orders for this? As far as I know, there is no announced release date on GoW. They did this with Sorcery a year before release as well. Is it just Amazon that jumps the gun on pre-ordering titles?

I, for one, think it's like dangling a medium-rare porterhouse just out of reach of a starving man's hands. I can't wait for this to hit the shelves but good grief. Give me a break.

Your thoughts and opinions?

:( I was hoping this would be a description of the preorder bonus.

But...uh...tons of games do this. Gamestop with Bioshock Infinite way back in 2010 strikes a tune with me.

true. gamestop also makes dates up. like with ni no kuni :( 12/31/12 is NOT the actual release date damnit, 12/31/12 is a monday!

i dont see what you find wrong about that. they do that for a lot of games. looks like you dont pre order often.

Often? No. Never. And no, I didn't know this happened with a lot of games. I've always seen the pre-order on games like a month or two from release, you know, when there is an actual release date.

:( I was hoping this would be a description of the preorder bonus.

But...uh...tons of games do this. Gamestop with Bioshock Infinite way back in 2010 strikes a tune with me.

Sorry for the mislead. Just my ignorance of the industry. Kind of errks me I guess. Thought there were other who felt the same.