PS4 suddenly turned off, didn't turn back on

harsly

Holy moly!

Something really weird happened, and I'm hoping someone has an idea of some sort.

I was browsing the web on my PC when suddenly my PS4 shut down completely, in a split second, and then wouldn't turn back on. If I tried turning it on, nothing happened at all, be it with the controller or the power button. I unplugged it and cleaned it, plugged it black in, and it made the beep sound and the blue light went on for a second and everything shut down again (exactly like before). I turned the console on and left The Evil Within running on disc for about half an hour before it happened, as I had a few things to do before I started playing.

I tried again after 5 minutes, and it turned on and greeted me with a screen saying "Checking the system storage status" and then after rebooting "The PS4 was not turned off properly. Before unplugging the AC power cord blah blah blah.." So obviously it's because the power was cut off. After that, everything was working normally, I started the game and everything was a-okay. 

Then I noticed the left side of my monitor (yes just the left side) has a green shade to it (and yes I'm 100% sure that wasn't there before). No idea what's going on since I'm a noob in general, but, the only thing I can think of is..

I have my PC, speakers, monitor, PS4, LED TV all connected to a 5€ extension cord, and something must have fucked up my monitor and cut the power from the PS4 (which is still weird because nothing else plugged into the extension cord turned off).

CTaBlMBWwAA7BCy.jpg

Did you try setting it to wumbo?

In all seriousness, a similar thing happened to my PS3 years ago where it suddenly shut off. I tried turing it on again and it beeped then shut off. I never experienced the monitor change thing though, but I'm willing to bet it's different from my old PS3 compared to your PS4.

It has to be something in the actual PS4 if it's doing that. Does the monitor work normally without the PS4 if you're watching TV or something?

Edited by RabbiAndy

UUPDATE:

The monitor started working normally and is still going strong (WTF??), but the PS4 has gone to shit completely.

It has to be something in the actual PS4 if it's doing that.

I guess it was, but I took it to Sony's official distributor in my country, and they are giving me a completely new console (next week, currently out of stock). That's weird, cause in some regions Sony are complete a-holes (so I've heard), but here they wanted to give me a new one before even checking if the console is actually broken (the dude just wrote down my description of the issue).

Whatever! At least I can get to my PS3 backlog while I wait for my new PS4. :P