Can I understand the story in one playthrough?

mr2k_pdh

I've been interested in playing Type-0 since it was released earlier this year, and I just got a really good deal on it this past week end. But, I'm becoming more worried because of some of the reviews that I've been reading/watching. I had done research on the game before I purchased it, and most people said that the gameplay was fun, but the story was convoluted. I also remember people saying the same thing about Final Fantasy XIII, but I was able to understand it's story perfectly fine. So, I figured that the same thing would be true for Type-0. It might take a little bit of extra dialogue/in game database reading, but I thought that, if I took my time, I'd be able to understand the story perfectly fine. But, apparantly, there are several crucial cutscenes that you can only see on your second play through. Were you able to understand Type-0's story? Is it possible to understand Type-0's story in one playthrough?

Edited by mr2k_pdh

If you choose the "bad" ending and reload for the "true" ending, I would say yes.

The second playthrough only features what-if scenario where true ending did not happen and Type-1 teaser. (They are available on Youtube)

Other than that, second playthrough does not feature anything crucial for the story. You do get some new info in database but nothing really important.

If you are even a bit interested, go for it. It's a fantastic game.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 2

If you choose the "bad" ending and reload for the "true" ending, I would say yes.

The second playthrough only features what-if scenario where true ending did not happen and Type-1 teaser. (They are available on Youtube)

Other than that, second playthrough does not feature anything crucial for the story. You do get some new info in database but nothing really important.

If you are even a bit interested, go for it. It's a fantastic game.

Ok, thanks for the help.