I don't know what I'm doing lol.

I bought Atelier Totori Plus for the Vita a couple weeks ago and I'm completely confuzzled by pretty much everything.

I don't want to use a guide if at all possible (at least for my first playthrough - trophy hunting later is another story) but I feel I'm missing out on, like, 90% of the game. I'm in the middle of Year 3 already and I still have only a slightly improved version of the starting weapon and armour set, five party members and I've made next to no progress storywise. I hear the game ends after Year 4 too so I'm starting to get worried.

Is there just a very basic part of the game that I'm missing? Occasionally I'll just abruptly trigger cutscenes with no idea how or why. I can't figure out the pattern for the life of me. Is it really as vague as it seems or am I just really stupid?

Any general "Just do ____, idiot!" advice would be appreciated. Or if the game really is too dense to do much of anything without a guide it would be nice to know that I'm not just missing something blindingly obvious.

from what i remember, i think year 4 is when you need to be diamond or platinum or whatever rank or you will fail, and then the story progresses more, the first few years is mainly just doing quests to get your rank up to that point

with cutscenes, a lot of them are either you meet certain requirements, such as certain amount of quests completed, current rank, or are time and location exclusive, so that they will only appear after a certain date

im not much further in than you so some of this may be incorrect, but for the most part it may help a bit

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is there just a very basic part of the game that I'm missing? Occasionally I'll just abruptly trigger cutscenes with no idea how or why. I can't figure out the pattern for the life of me. Is it really as vague as it seems or am I just really stupid?

The events are activated when characters reach a specific friendship level.

You raise friendship level when you have the character in party and walk with them on the world map.

As for the 4 years, that's how Shemzi said, the first 3 years are to introduce you to the game, if you complete the set requirement, you get another 3 years extension.

• Like 1

The events are activated when characters reach a specific friendship level.

You raise friendship level when you have the character in party and walk with them on the world map.

As for the 4 years, that's how Shemzi said, the first 3 years are to introduce you to the game, if you complete the set requirement, you get another 3 years extension.

Oh, cool! That's what I was doing wrong then. I only ever use Mimi and Rorona so I'll make a point to diversify a bit to get more content so. Six years is a lot less restrictive than four too. I was afraid I was coming to the end of the game without having done a whole lot.

Oh, cool! That's what I was doing wrong then. I only ever use Mimi and Rorona so I'll make a point to diversify a bit to get more content so. Six years is a lot less restrictive than four too. I was afraid I was coming to the end of the game without having done a whole lot.

Well, you still can get a game over if you screw up the requirements =D

Mimi-tan is cute, but yea, you should switch a bit :D