Rebel Galaxy: How To Find A Face Of Gozu

damon8r351

Rebel Galaxy has three trophies for picking up the rare trade commodities: Progenitor Shards, Antimatter Specks, and Faces of Gozu. The first two tend to show up as item drops late in the story while fighting a certain alien species, but the Face of Gozu can be mined from asteroids in quantity for a good amount of money if you know what to look for. I intend on doing a full trophy guide as soon as I plat the game, but for now I've made a video showing how to find these Faces. The game environment will be different for each player, since the sector maps are procedurally generated from scratch when you start a new game, so don't take the locations shown here as set in stone. Your own experience will be different when you play, but the method is the same.

• Like 2

Do you have any personal statistic about how many such asteroid clusters can be found in particular system? I couldnt find it in my first system - is it possible? In second system I found one, should I seek more? 

• Like 1

Do you have any personal statistic about how many such asteroid clusters can be found in particular system? I couldnt find it in my first system - is it possible? In second system I found one, should I seek more? 

There are should be one in each system, but every one's game spawns differently so I can't say. Try and remember where you found the cluster, then exit the game and revisit it to see if the asteroids respawn after you've mined them. If you can, then that's a great way of exploiting your way to the trophy. That's one thing I didn't test.

• Like 1

I've checked this up: asteroids don't respawn.

I just tested this myself and found this to be incorrect. You can get these clusters to respawn by Jumping to a different system than the cluster is located, saving at a Station, exiting completely from the game, then reentering and returning to the exact same location you found the cluster. I got about 12 Faces in one trip, which got me 1.5 million credits. Should significantly cut down the amount of time to get that trophy.

Yes, you're right, i have caught it too. You even do not have to exit the game, I just jump from one system to another. 

Can you check another thing: in all systems where I found such mine clusters they were in the upper right quadrant of the map (as on your video).