Help getting confession

Alright so I completed the game (which I enjoyed a lot) and am wondering about the points towards getting a confession.

I spent hours doing training and fighting battles with Kaede, making sure I talked to her every time at the end of an episode, using all my TP for training with her. She was the first to start calling me by my nickname and I got Tei's scene which i was told tells you which route you're getting. Tei's means girl route and Shiga means guy route. I put Kaede in EVERY battle I had and her and Kuki were the only ones NOT severely under leveled. Now the surprising thing is...I didn't even get Kuki confess to me. It was Moichi, the one guy I absolutely did NOTHING with! (other then Kosuge) I never trained with, I never put him into fights and the only time i talked with him was at the end of episodes which I did with everyone! To prove it even more, at the final battle he was level 10! He was so weak that the final fight was SO hard because he would deal 1 damage and his paralysis wouldn't work. 

SO i'm just wondering. What exactly is needed to getting a confession? Because I want to get Kaede's but not knowing how would probably lead me to another guy route.