Question About an Ending **SPOILERS**

Cyan

I have a question regarding to the Lord of Hollows ending. Spoilers incoming, you have been warned.

I just met Anri at the church of Yorshka. An assassin is supposed to hide in one of the statues. Thing is, I broke the statue before continuing Anri's quest. The assassin is not there because there was no statue for him/her to hide in. I suppose this means I spared him/her? Yuria hasn't left the shrine the last time I checked. 

Now, to get the ending, will I have to summon Anri for a fight (Aldritch) and make sure he comes out alive? 

The assassin doesn't hide in the statue, the assassin is using the Chameleon spell so they ARE the statue.

You either should double check with Yuria, or you messed up somewhere in the questline. Yuria will say that they found a husband or bride and kidnap Anri if you spared the assassin and continued.

Are you sure you checked the right statue? It won't even be there if you kill him/he leaves.

EDIT: If you are able to summon Anri for Aldritch, then you are too far in the game I think. Gwyndolin's crypt where you do the ritual with Anri is before the area you fight Aldritch and you will not be able to summon Anri post ritual.

Edited by Griffon234

No you don't have to summon him, once you beat Pontiff and spoke with Yuria she will say something along the lines of 'your spouse is ready'.  You then have to go to the hidden tomb in Anor Londo (just before the spiral stair case) and talk to the Pilgrim down there that will give you a sword, if you carry on walking into the tomb you should see Anri laying on the ground and all you need to do is interact with him.  Go back to firelink and speak with Yuria and that should be the quest done, but like Griffon said you might have already killed the assassin.

I have beaten Pontiff, but Yuria's conversation hasn't changed. She mentions Anri ...something, wedlock.It's the right conversation, though? 

Pontiff is the last boss I've beaten. I've not even reached Anor Londo yet.

So, I guess I have to go to the hidden tomb and hope for the best. 

Another thing to check is if you have the Chameleon spell.

There are only two ways to get this spell, either finish the quest line and you can claim it after the ritual at the corpse of the assassin after you resolve Yuria's quest line before the final boss (the assassin will die at the end of the ritual), or kill the assassin at the Church of Yorshka.

Another thing to check is if you have the Chameleon spell.

There are only two ways to get this spell, either finish the quest line and you can claim it after the ritual at the corpse of the assassin after you resolve Yuria's quest line before the final boss (the assassin will die at the end of the ritual), or kill the assassin at the Church of Yorshka.

Don't have it, I'm a pyro.

I checked the church again. No statue, no Anri. 

Ok, thanks for the responses.

I was confused 'cause I read a quest walkthrough, and it's probably just to get some unique items, not the ending I'm looking for. 

EDIT: Yeah, I got it. I was reading a guide for Anri's quest, not the ending.  :facepalm:

Edited by ID-69