'Join Game' Feature Not Working

RavenouslyDead

Is anyone else having this issue? It seems I'm incapable of joining on a friend or recent player via the 'Join Game' feature. It only allows me to view their career/PSN profile and invite them to a group. Last night it was allowing me to join game but for some reason, today, I was incapable of doing so.

Hmm, see I was in a party with like 6 people and we were trying to boost when the join game feature disappeared. I tried joining without a party as well and still to no avail. It's odd, it even shows the names on Overwatch without their player icon. It must be a bug because everyone I've interacted with (which is more than just the aforementioned party) has said that they as well don't have access to the join game feature. 

Haven't played in a week or two but I remember having this sort of issue. Though I think for me it only didn't work for certain people at first. I dunno if it's still bugged out or whatever for everyone, but I only ever seemed to be able to join certain people once the issue showed up.

Hmm, see I was in a party with like 6 people and we were trying to boost when the join game feature disappeared. I tried joining without a party as well and still to no avail. It's odd, it even shows the names on Overwatch without their player icon. It must be a bug because everyone I've interacted with (which is more than just the aforementioned party) has said that they as well don't have access to the join game feature. 

Were you trying to join someone who were in a competitive match? As of right now the game doesn't allow you to join or spectate a competitive match. I haven't had that happen yet, only when they are in a comp match. 

I'm gonna copy what I wrote over the PST forums, works wonders. Takes more "clicks" but it's doable and the good thing is, while it's glitching most people won't consider this little trick so you're likely NOT to find any other spectators but the boosters and that's it.

Worked for a boosting session I was having, every single time so it's a perfect workaround.

Fellow boosters,

If you encountered this bug right now, the solution is: Have somebody in the base in-game party invite you, then you get the invite, join the match as spectator, then LEAVE the party, and you'll still be spectating as if you had used the "Join Game" option.

A quick workaround while they fix it.

Edited by ps_psychedelic