Parachute Problems/Help

SilkyJay86

I'm having some difficulties returning from space safely, at all.  I have tried over 10 times now.  I have the staging so that the parachute is last, at zero. I've even tried having an empty stage in between.  Are they burning up on my ascent?  I'm at a loss and have done quite the bit of googling and watched even a few youtube videos.  The main problem is most the info is PC based, so I don't know what the deal is.  I have a heat shield and am coming in with the heat shield facing the right way.  One thing is I don't know how to control what angle you come in at...

This game is fun, but boy is it a thinker.  I can't image the stages it takes to get to the mun, or gosh, even further.  I can't even return a lil guy from space safely!

Any ps4'er help would be greatly appreciated!  Should I restart and turn re entry heat off?  I'd love to progress past this and keep it realistic as I'm already on easy.  I have to be doing something really dumb.

Taking a break from the game until, potentially I find a solution, because I swear I don't have the parachute staged with the thing that separates the rocket.  I've read they auto deploy, but I'm simply just confused.  

Also if the symbol goes red does that mean it's burnt up?  sorry for the ramblage.  and again thanks!

so I had my first successful re entry.  and I starting to think it has more to do with your orbit angle, than the positioning of the capsule upon re entering, although that obviously is important.  This was tricky, and close, i had the parachute info pulled up where it says if its safe and what not.  Still not sure how I did it.  Bet if I retried it I'd fail.  

I just remember in space taking my ship not just straight up, but going to the side.  I know, such astronomical terms.  But I feel like that fact that I was moving sideways and then came in at an angle helped.  But i wish you could tell what angle you're at, or some sort of indicator.  Others make it look easy!