PS3/PS Vita trophy list titles alongside site titles

rezenoch

I thought of this when Spelunker HD was being discussed in here.

Minna de Spelunker (みんなでスペランカー) is the original title of the game, which is a remake of the original Spelunker. When it was released in the US and later EU, it was named Spelunker HD.

For original Japan version, PS3 System Language to Japanese gave trophy list title: みんなでスペランカー, System Language to English gave trophy list title: SPELUNKER).

But this game is a rare case. The original Japanese version was published by IREM, who went out of business in 2011. Tozai took over the franchise, and the IREM-published game on the Japan PS Store was de-listed for the Tozai-published version, which on PS3 System Language: English, XMB titling, thus trophy list title for the Japanese version will say SPELUNKER HD, just like the US/EU version does.

What I'm saying is, the icon and game name listed on this site may not be completely accurate, specifically for games with Japanese titles. Of course, Spelunker is a more complicated case as detailed above.

Maybe in the future a way to display the exact trophy list title of the game and the title that comes up here can be implemented. For example, Japanese characters in a title, the actual trophy list title, can be displayed alongside the translated English title that comes up on this site.

This can be applied to all titles on the site...the simplified title for the site alongside the actual trophy list title as seen on PS3 and PS Vita.

Here's a visual example. Let's use a Japanese game that has no English version, and thus, the trophy list is only in Japanese, to all System Languages on both PS3 and PS Vita...Pachi Para 17. The actual and only trophy title is パチパラ17 ~新海物語Withアグネス・ラム~.

Here is what shows up in the general listing for the game:

EtYSn.png

post-35361-0-30058400-1354464359_thumb.png

Here is just a suggestion of what the PSNProfiles site title + actual title could look like:

Wlznv.png

post-35361-0-86918800-1354464360_thumb.png

Note: You might notice I also tweaked the game owners data. See my suggestion thread on it here: (thread not yet made)

Also, let's use a recent game that came out in Japan, E.X. Troopers (エクストルーパーズ).

This is a game, among others, that currently only has a Japanese title in the PSNProfiles database. Because of this, it does not come up in the #/A-Z selection in the Games section.

Because the title with Japanese characters, it also does not come up in search under the Games section.

The purpose mainly is accuracy, to have PSNProfiles.com be a true complement to your trophy experience on the PS3/PS Vita and beyond. And also the fact that for Japanese games especially, English translations sometimes vary from place to place.

There are many Japanese players who use PSNProfiles, and things like this would help make the site experience more universal and global, instead of only being tailored for an English speaking audience.

This may or may not be something that can be done automatically, so I can help out with the official trophy titles if needed. Tell me what you think.