Games section listings: Replace "X owners" & "Difficulty (Average %)" with "100%: X of X Owners (%)"

rezenoch

The title says it all.

Have you ever gone down the Games section listings or searched for a game, to see PSNProfiles tell you that the game is "Easy"?

Except the thing is, the game's trophies may actually not be very easy, and all that means is that percent is the average percentage players have obtained. However, that stat is deceiving.

I could only assume most people looking at these stats are not exactly interested if 60% of the trophies are easy. If the remaining 40% of the trophies are extremely high difficulty and few people have obtained them, then the game shouldn't exactly be labeled as "Easy".

So, I've thought of something much more accurate and informative, only facts.

No "Easy" or "Hard" labels, just the number of people that have the game, number of who completed it (with percentage of who did that).

First let's take a look at how the Games section listing currently looks for a game:

EtYSn.png

post-35361-0-74018500-1354471180_thumb.png

As you see above, the Difficulty (Avg. %) makes it look like the game is a complete joke in difficulty, that a monkey can do it. However, with the proposed layout below, the vital stats are present, showing the true difficulty of the trophy list as a whole...or at least the rarity of it. Which is what the current layout is gauging, except that different percentage is deceiving and probably confusing to most users.

Now for the proposed layout:

cVy7y.png

post-35361-0-14146400-1354471178_thumb.png

Simpler, yet somehow more informative. Of course, the average percent would still be viewable in the game's page.

With this proposed idea, this not only makes listings more informative, but makes listings much more simple, aiding the overall layout and readability with only two lines instead of three. However, we can still retain three if the trophy list title is implemented as proposed here.

Example from that thread:

Wlznv.png

post-35361-0-86221900-1354471233_thumb.png

Personally, I like to browse the completion stats of many games at a time, except that takes a lot of clicking and loading. I would assume many do the same. With the proposed layout, we could see those key vital stats in the Games section listings very quickly and efficiently.

Edited by rezenoch
  • Like 4

Yah, I know I find myself ignoring the current descriptors when they say something like "easy". Because, I'm not looking to know if the trophies are mostly easy or not, I want to know whether the 100% is easy or not. I usually just click on the game to open up the list and look at it that way, but I agree with what you're saying.