My Thoughts on Operation Velvet Shell

Another season, another slew of new things to talk about. Overall, I like everything Ubisoft is doing. As far as operators go, they're both glass cannons. They can be extremely devastating, but also can be picked off by pretty much anyone with an IQ higher that broccoli. On paper I love everything they're doing. On the other hand, my personal experiences so far have been nothing short of crap. So obviously everybody's ranks have been reset, so ranked matchmaking is really touchy. It's basically casual at this point. I've played three ranked games so far, and each have ended with a loss. Two games, the match point was a 3v5 against players all over level 100. The third, it was tied 4 to 4 and we were defending. I was Mira, and I had a glass screen looking into a hallway. I had the plan set up perfectly, I could hear Buck running on the floor above us, and knew he would go right past my black glass. I had an angle on the doorway he was running through, I planned on breaking the air canister the second I saw him, but what happened was, he came around the corner, like I had planned, sprayed at me, and got a headshot. I was under the assumption that my black glass was still there, I could tell because the air canister was still in tact, but on the killcam, he could see me clear as day. Of course he then picked off the other two defenders in about 5 seconds to win it all. So I'm split down the middle right now. I love the concept and I can't wait until I play some decent matches, but for know I'd rather give myself paper cuts. 

• Like 1