Terra's Trophy List and Backlog Nightmare

Terra

I have a problem with buying new games and even finishing them because I want to move on to the next one. To remedy this, S I decided to stop stressing out on which game I should play next and have thus created checklist to not only catalog what needs to be done, but for what I've accomplished along the way! For 2017, there are plenty of games I need to start and many I need to go back to! Think of this as a sort of a way to keep myself on track!

Once I complete a backlog game, I will cross it out and put the date I achieved it next to it to show that It's been done. This starts at January 2017 and will go to December 2017 and I will post my recent milestones as much as possible. The list will be updated in 2018 pending what happens!

2017 Profile Goals

Have no F Ratings

Get At Least 10 of the "E" ratings to at least a "D" or higher

Reach Trophy Level 30 or higher

Reach at 75% Completion Rate

Enjoy the Games I Select.

Play at least 300 games

Complete at least 100 games

Current Backlog 

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed

Alone In The Dark

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky

Battlefield 1

Battlefield 3

Battlefield 4 (PS4)

Battlefield Bad Company

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Big City Stories

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Call of Duty: Black Ops  Feb 23rd (Platinum in 4 years, 2 weeks)

Call of Duty Ghosts

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3  Apr 7th (2 years, 1 month)

Deadly Premonition: The Directors Cut

Far Cry 3

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XV

Grand Theft Auto IV

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)

Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)  Feb 17th (Platinum in 1 year, 2 months)

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Heavy Rain

Hitman Absolution

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Mass Effect 3

Odin Sphere: Leifthraisr

Persona 4: Golden

Red Dead Redemption

Resident Evil 5

Resistance Burning Skies May 3rd (5 months, 3 weeks) 

Saints Row The Third

Saints Row 4

Star Wars Battlefront Apr 17th (1 year, 5 months)

Star Wars Bounty Hunter

The Saboteur

Tekken Revolution Feb 9th (3 years, 7 months)

Titanfall 2

Uncharted Drakes Fortune

Uncharted 4

Watch Dogs (PS3)

Watch Dogs 2

Extended Backlog

Abzu May 4th (2 hours, 38 minutes)

Air Conflicts: Vietnam

Aquapazza: Aquaplus Dream Match

Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel

Arcade Game Series: Dig Dug Apr 27th (2 hours, 34 minutes)

Arcade Game Series: Galaga Apr 7th (3 days, 5 hours)

Arcade Game Series: PAC-Man Apr 10th (1 day, 24 minutes)

Arcana Heart 3: Love Maxx

Assassins Creed: Revelations

Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea

The Awakened Fate: Ultimatum 

Beyond Two Souls

Borderlands

Borderlands 2

Cars Race O'Rama

Castlevania Lords of Shadow

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2

Catherine

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars

Cross Edge

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy Jan 12th (11 hours, 36 minutes)

The Darkness II

Darksiders 

Day of the Tentacle Remastered Jan 8th (3 hours, 30 minutes)

Deception IV: Blood Ties

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax 

Deponia Apr 8th (2 hours, 32 minutes)

Devil May Cry HD

Devil May Cry 2 HD

Devil May Cry 3 HD

DRIVECLUB

DRIVER: San Francisco

Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires 

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

Escape Dead Island

Farming Simulator 15 

Final Fantasy X HD (PS4)

Final Fantasy X-2 HD (PS4)

Freedom Wars

The Godfather II 

Grand Kingdom 
Hannah Montana: The Movie Mar 14th (4 hours, 4 minutes)

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 2

Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince Mar 17th (3 days, 12 hours)

Heavy Fire Afghanistan Apr 24th (6 hours, 34 minutes)

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

J-Stars Victory VS

Just Cause 2

Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts II

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded

Kingdom Hearts 358 1/2 Days

A Kings Tale: Final Fantasy XV

Last Rebellion Apr 13th (10 hours 13 seconds)

Late Shift May 2nd, (2 hours, 56 minutes)

Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Legends of War: Patton 

Lost Dimension 

Lumines: Electronic Symphony 

Megatagmension Blanc + Neptune vs. Zombies

Mini Ninjas

My Name is Mayo Mar 30th (59 minutes, 36 seconds)

My Name is Mayo Apr 2nd (37 minutes, 58 seconds)

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3

Need For Speed

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 

Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroine's Infinite Duel Apr 18th (1 day, 3 hours)

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos

Period Cube: Shackles of Amadeus 

Persona 4: Dancing All Night Mar 24th (3 days, 21 hours)

Persona 5

PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale (PS3)

Remember Me 

Resident Evil 4 (PS4)

Root Letter Feb 22nd (1 day, 23 hours)

Saw 

Shadows of the Damned 

Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter Jan 24th (1 day, 21 hours)

Silver Case HD

Sims 3: Pets Apr 30th (1 week, 4 days)

Splatterhouse 

Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge

Sword Art Online: Lost Song 

Tales from the Borderlands

Tales of Graces F

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Test Drive Unlimited 2

Tekken Tag Tournament HD Feb 5th (1 day, 40 seconds)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Prologue Feb 13th (2 hours, 56 minutes)

Time & Eternity 

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

Type Rider

Under Night In Birth Exe:LATE

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered 

Virture's Last Reward Jan 7th (6 days, 19 hours)

X-Blades

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

Zero Time Dilemma -  Jan 27th (1 week, 5 days)

Edited by Terra
  • Like 1

FEBRUARY GAMES

Tekken Tag Tournament HD - February 5th 

L406be6.png

Difficulty: 3/10

Enjoyment: 7/10

Completion Time: 1 Day, 40 Seconds 

This was my second entry into the Tekken series after Revolution. It wasn't as easy as I thought is was going to be (Time Attack!) but I got used to the controls after a few hours and was able to get the majority of the trophies in no time. I mainly used True Ogre but I also swapped him out with Jin on occasion. It got repetitive at times and I didn't like if I accidentally pressed a mode I didn't want to do, I had to quit the game and reload to get back to the main menu. However, it was an enjoyable experience and certainly one of the easiest fighting games I've played. That bowling mode though, why put bowling in a fighting game? IT WASN'T FUN!!!

Tekken Revolution - February 7th 

L642b66.png

Difficulty: 1/10

Completion Time: 3 Years,  7 Months, 3 Weeks

I held off on doing this for a long time because I didn't find the game all that interesting back in 2013 and it was relatively to easy to really get into it. However, after hearing that the servers were shutting down in March of this year, I decided it would be a good time to get the final two trophies I missed out upon. The difference in playing the game now then it was years ago? I played Tekken Tag Tournament HD and I got familiar to how to really dive into the game mechanics and I was able to pull off great moves even at the higher difficulties. It's a shame this is a "free-to-play" game because It had potential to be something better. While this was much better then Soulcalibur: Lost Swords, I wanted more. Trophies were simple and very easy with the only "difficult" one being that you have to sign in for ten days. R.I.P. Revolution. 

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue - February 13th 

L333872.png

Enjoyment: 6/10

Completion Time: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes, 34 Seconds

Very short and really lives up to it's title. This really only served as an introductory to what Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was going to be like. if the game is anything like the prologue, I'll be sure to pick it up. The controls were easy to handle and by using a second controller, I didn't have to grind out any of the moves. The only annoying aspect was having to replay Arcade about 20 times to get all the images and it got repetitive since I did it back to back. At least it was only 4 stages per round but I enjoyed the experience. 

Edited by Terra

NBA 2K17 The Prelude - February 16th

Lb8271c.png

Enjoyment: 4/10

Completion Time: 2 Hours, 56 Minutes, 9 Seconds

So this sat in my purchased games for long enough and I decided to give it a go today to see if I'll ever get into sports titles. While I thought that the graphics were decent, controls were good, it felt barren which is understandable since this is just a prologue to NBA 2K17. I found myself tuned out during the tutorial and most of the games I had a hard time staying invested and ended up purposefully losing to hear the commentators say how terrible I was. Maybe I'll pick up 2K17 if I get bored one day but as is, it was a good time waster.

Edited by Terra

Games I Refuse To Platinum/Continue In My Backlog (Subject To Change)

Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo - Absolutely boring. Even after weeks of practicing I still couldn't keep my vehicle on the road and complete the races quick enough. If this is what the WRC series is like then I'll pass on that. Unless I'm desperate for a rally racer, this is going on my shelf and not going to be played again.

Spy Hunter - Broken, glitchy, annoying, tedious. Those are some choice words I have to say for this pile of garbage. I had zero fun with this game and the glitched trophy only made matters worse. This is certainly not an experience I want to go back to. 

Far Cry 3 - I couldn't get into this series and every time I start it back up again the feelings return. The Far Cry Series is just not suited for me. However, because this is not a hard game it could be removed from this list in due time.

Far Cry 2 - Same as above but arguably worse because of the multiplayer trophies. No thank you.

Tropico 5 - Entertaining game but didn't hold my attention for to long. Lost any reason to give it a play again.

Need For Speed: Most Wanted - EA's autolog glitched out on me and I lost nearly all of my points in the single player and I didn't feel like acquiring the points again. A shame because I do enjoy this game.

Black Ops III - Boring story, boring multiplayer, just a disappointing experience. Did I mention Realistic mode? My controller couldn't handle that.

Battlefield 4 - Trophies are just to glitchy too even try to get them all. Some popped for me and others didn't. What a mess.

Homefront - Unobtainable anyways but medicore all around. Felt like a generic shooter to me. 

Ride To Hell: Retribution - I had more fun staring at my wall. 0.0% 

Black Ops II - The challenges are the only thing standing in the way and I simply can't manage to master them. Moving on from it sadly.

Fallout 3 - Excellent game but It just wasn't for me. No motivation to give it another try. 

Mortal Kombat - I can master most fighting games but this one? Ehhh maybe not. I'll give it a shot in the future to get more trophies but the platinum is unlikely. 

Battlefield Bad Company - Don't have the time to get those insane online trophies. Too many other games to play.

Mercenaries 2 - Billion Dollar Babies glitched out on me years ago and I don't believe I have the save file for the game anymore. Aces High was an attempted failure on multiple tries.

Midnight Club: Los Angeles - Sadly unobtainable now but this was probably the hardest racing game I've played. However, I loved it so much I pushed through it. To bad I was to late for the online trophies.

Brink - The fun was done in about a month or so. Unique but flawed. 

Final Fantasy XIII - Screwed up Treasure Hunter because I wasn't aware of it in my first playthrough. I'll attempt the other trophies but that's about it.

Modern Warfare 2 & 3 - Seriously, F You Spec Ops missions. You've been the thorn in my side for years. Unless I can get someone to help me on them theses will sadly remain unplatinumed.

Edited by Terra

• 2 months later...

Platinum #67 - Dig Dug

L222b3d.png

1L654f14.png

Difficulty: 3/10

Completion Time: 2 hours, 34 minutes

Here's another game from way back when I was playing Namco Museum. I played Dig Dug frequently but only made it to Stage 8. I was dreading the platinum for this seeing how it's the second hardest next to Galaga but I didn't find it much of a challenge to complete. Rambler and Centurion were the toughest to get but I had more issues with Centurion I was trying to conserve my lives to use in later rounds but I got it when I reached Round 16. I think it's easier than Pac-Man and Galaga but that can be debated. I enjoyed it well enough and it was a nice little start to my day off. Now I'll spend the rest back on The Sims 3: Pets.

Edited by Terra

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum Updates

:platinum: #68 - The Sims 3: Pets

1L12e87a.png

Difficulty: 3.5/10

Completion Time: 1 week, 4 days

I've long been in a Sims fan but when I first saw the rarity of this platinum, it had me on edge. "It can't be that hard right? It's the Sims!" I regret what has been bolded. While not a particularly challenging game, this suffers from an extensive amount of glitches, freezes, and corruptions to the point where it almost made me hate the game. I was forced to restart early on due to the nefarious town map glitch (which happily never occurred again) but I was pleased to see my challenge data had saved. It was definitely a grind and I spent my days off on my sofa mindlessly watching my Sims go about their miserable lives waiting for them to fulfill their abysmal wants. There is a lot more content then the first Sims 3 offered on the PS3 so there was still things to do and the revamped Karma system made it easier to play then the first game once you unlock all of the eleven tiers. Near the end though, I started to tire from seeing the same thing day after day and the same Sims complaining that the sink is broken or the baby's crying. Screw the infant, I fed it and let it wet it's diaper, no reason it should be sobbing. What's worse is that when I had one challenge left to complete, it didn't want to unlock. Joy! Another stupendous glitch! With some reloads it finally popped. Stick to playing this on the PC if you can and for anyone wanting to platinum this, have a flash drive, cloud save, and a bunch of tissues at your side. 

:platinum: #69 - Late Shift

1L5361be.png

Enjoyment: 8.5/10

Not much of a game per se but more of an interactive movie where your only job is to make choices but you don't have much time to make them. The acting was well done (most of them) and the multiple endings made the game good for more then just one playthrough. I hope Wales Interactive continues to put out more of these titles because they are extremely well made for a simple FMV game. Once the Bunker gets a price drop I'll be sure to try that one out thanks to this one!

:platinum: #70 - Resistance: Burning Skies

1Laec3c9.png

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 6.5/10

The only reason it took me five months to platinum this is because the online pass that came with my physical copy didn't work so I couldn't get the one multiplayer trophy. Besides that, the game was very easy to platinum even on the normal difficulty. The story was ok but nothing that I really haven't seen before but for a Vita game, it looked great and the controls worked well even though I found using the touchpad to run to be annoying. A good game overall that really demonstrates the power of the Vita!

:platinum: #71 - Monster Jam, Crush it!

1Lfeaa12.png

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 3/10

This was NOT part of my backlog but I noticed a copy at my local library and saw the completion rate so I figured I would give it a try. I like monster trucks but this game was a bore because it provided no real challenge besides the survival stages but even those were easy to beat. I love easy games but if there's no challenge to it or no good narrative, it doesn't make the game memorable. Other problems? Really bad pop-in textures and slow frame rate. For a 2016 game that isn't good. The game didn't really control well, especially on the freestyle and stadium sections where turning was a chore on it's own. While an easy platinum to add for my cabinet, I won't remember it. Only get this game if you want an easy platinum. There are better Monster Jam games to be found. 

• Like 1