Lumphy's Palace of Platinum

lumphy101

Hello, welcome to my palace :)

I've been on Playstation for about 5 years now. I'm currently drowning in schoolwork (yay!), and I play tennis, and I work as well, so finding time to play has gotten harder. Summer is coming though, and with it, endless free time. I've got a PS4, PS3, PS Vita, 3DS, Wii, and Gamecube currently (might try an XBOX soon). Now go look at my platinums, since that's what you probably came here for.

NOTE: Up to date as of April 16, 2017

1-10

Spoiler

1Sd59a01.png

1. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

1st platinum!!! I thought this game was good for a Lego game, I probably wouldn't go back and replay it though since all Lego games feel practically the same in terms of gameplay. I liked how this game finally let the minifigures talk instead of watching them hum and shrug at each other like in previous games because I found it rather difficult to follow the story when all the dialogue consisted of sighing or shrugging. The addition of the open-world was welcome as well, I was actually surprised by how good the open-world looked.

1Scc9431.png

2. Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

I thought this was actually a pretty solid fighting game and I really had fun with it, which is surprising since I'm really not a fighting game kind of person. I think all of the characters from the Playstation franchises really got me to like this game, getting to play a fighting game as Cole MacGrath is definitely a yes for me. Online trophies were surprisingly not too difficult, just that Triple Kill trophy online was the hardest.

1S10028e.png

3. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

In my opinion, this was the worst of the trilogy (not to say it was bad though, but compared to the 3 it was the weakest). Still a fun game that got me hooked on the Sly Cooper series, but I preferred the open-world aspect of the Sly games like there was in 2, 3, and 4.

1S54097a.png

4. Sly 2: Band of Thieves

My favorite of the 3 games. It introduced open-world gameplay and I thought that the story was better than the first. If you haven't played any of the Sly games, I highly recommend you do. Bentley, Sly, Murray, and Carmelita are great characters and the gameplay is great.

1S54097a.png

5. Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

Again, great game. Again, awesome gameplay. The game is just like Sly 2 but with new content. If you haven't played these games, you're missing out honestly. One of the best franchises on PS3, hands down IMO.

1Sa2891b.png

6. The Walking Dead

This game's ending actually brought a fine mist over my eyes, I think my eyes began sweating at one point. This was my introduction to Telltale Games, and they made one hell of an introduction. Awesome story-based game that I recommend anyone should play, unless they're not into story-based games. Then you're kinda screwed.

1Sd4f6fe.png

7. Saints Row: The Third

Incredibly humorous game, it was actually really entertaining. I love how it doesn't take itself too seriously, it just adds to the game's charm. I've gotta say, those challenges were a pain though, but I still enjoyed my trip to the platinum (minus grinding out the last couple of challenges).

1S9757fe.png

8. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

I can really see the appeal behind the Counter-Strike games by having played this, I really enjoyed it. It would've been better on PC though, since I found I couldn't perform some actions on the PS3 like buy upgrades in the shop during a game without hooking up a mouse and keyboard. I bought the PS3 version so I wouldn't have to play with mouse and keyboard. Or maybe I was being stupid and there actually was a way to buy in-game upgrades with a controller alone, but I remember looking it up and no dice. And that bunny hunt trophy was BS.

1S7391f6.png

9. CSI: Fatal Conspiracy

I'll be honest: I don't really give a damn about CSI. But it was cheap and the trophies looked pretty easy. I was actually surprised by how much better it was than I thought it would be, but still..... it was decent. For the average gamer, I don't recommend buying it. There's a reason you've probably never heard of it.

1S1e19fe.png

10. Gravity Rush

1st Vita platinum!!! I thought this game was awesome, I enjoyed every second of it, really unique gameplay. Getting gold on all the challenges was pretty easy IMO, although I have heard complaints about that trophy. If you've got a Vita, this is a must-have in your collection. I'm totally playing Gravity Rush 2, just wish it was on Vita as well.

11-20

Spoiler

1S58a156.png

11. Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

For the Vita this time. It was one of the few games I owned on the Vita, so I played it again. Multiplayer was even easier the second time around, and I still found the game fun for the 2nd time. I got my money's worth with this game. It did become a bit of a drag toward the final hours of the game, but all in all it was a good time.

1S72a8c3.png

12. Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Holy hot damn do I love Uncharted. Seeing there was an Uncharted game for the Vita (free on PS+ too!), I immediately got it. Awesome game, but grinding out those treasure sets were annoying. Definitely among my top favorite Vita games, a must-play for anybody with a Vita and a brain. Uncharted on handheld.... I can die happy now.

1S1bd6fe.png

13. The Walking Dead

Yes, again, on the Vita. It was cheap, fun, and an easy platinum. I switched up my choices this time just to see how things would pan out. Not as good as the first time through, but it was still a decent play the second time around.

1S355fea.png

14. Crysis

This game was surprisingly fun to me, I really enjoyed how open the game felt and the island setting. Platinum wasn't really that difficult to get, aside from that final boss battle (I had so much trouble with it for some reason). This game is pretty underrated IMO, but I enjoyed every second of it. I'll definitely be playing the other installments of this series in the future.

1S0a8f1e.png

15. Minecraft

This is the PS3 version. I've probably racked up hundreds and hundreds of hours of Minecraft on PC, I played it back during the beta. PS3 version isn't nearly as good as the PC version, but it's a good port nonetheless. Trophies were pretty easy, I went into other people's End portals to get the End-related trophies though because I really didn't want to invest all the time in building my own portal to the End.

1Sb808b0.png

16. Saints Row IV

An awesome installment to the series. It was a little weird with the whole alien plot, but I thought it worked well enough for a series that doesn't take itself seriously. Again, challenges were grindy but who cares? It was worth the money, overall very good game. Where's Saint's Row 5??????? I'M WAITING

1Sc82313.png

17. inFamous Second Son

My very first PS4 game and first PS4 platinum!!! I'm not gonna lie: this game redefined gaming for me. When I booted this thing up for the first time and started playing, I was blown away by how amazing the gameplay was and how great the graphics looked. My first next-gen experience was this game, and damn was it a good one. This platinum was incredibly fun from start to finish, didn't feel grindy at all. I'm praying for a sequel with Delsin Rowe. Awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome game.

1S191f10.png

18. inFamous First Light

inFamous Second Son was so awesome that I pre-ordered this standalone DLC (my first pre-order ever). Story was short (what can you expect though?) but I found Fetch's story to be intriguing. The whole arena mode felt a bit boring towards the end, but an easy enough platinum that I enjoyed is well worth the cost. If you enjoyed Second Son, I highly recommend this as well.

1Sec614d.png

19. Hotline Miami

I thought this game was kinda boring at first, since I was so used to playing PS4 games that a pixelated game ended up feeling lackluster. I returned to it later, and I'm glad I did, because once I got sucked into it on my Vita, I found myself enjoying it a ton. Loved it so much I decided to go for the platinum. I ended up enjoying my whole journey to platinum, minus a few annoying levels to A+. I'm totally getting Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number when it goes on sale again.

1S120bf9.png

20. Murdered: Soul Suspect

Fun for one playthrough. I can't see this being very replayable, since it's a mystery game that's largely story-based. Not nearly as much fun when the mystery game is a mystery, right? It was an enjoyable playthrough though, although if you're interested in playing, I'd suggest renting it, since completing the game shouldn't take you more than a couple of nights along with the platinum. Fun fact: I got the platinum for this game on Halloween, and yes, I totally planned that.

21-30

Spoiler

1S7ff94d.png

21. PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

A free PS+ game, it was alright. I was playing this a lot when I first got my PS4, since I was determined to have a 100% completion rate for my PS4 games since I wasn't anywhere close with my PS3 games at the time. I ended up just having some multiplayer trophies left, which I finally went back and completed. Multiplayer was decent in this game, but it was dead. Luckily I didn't have to play more than 10 matches to get all of the multiplayer matches. I gotta say though, the boss fights in this game were awesome. Wasn't really a game I normally would've played, but I'm glad I got myself through this one since it ended up not being all that bad. Thanks PS+!

1Se782a5.png

22. The Wolf Among Us

Another great Telltale game, up there with The Walking Dead. I'm waiting for this Season 2, since I enjoyed the spin on fairytales that this game made. I recognized a lot more of them than I thought I would, especially Mr. Toad. Season 2 of this probably won't come in a while, since Telltale seems focused on making new series instead of building upon existing ones (except for The Walking Dead). That's gonna have to be okay though, I'll faithfully wait.

1Sbae112.png

23. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

Surprisingly fun, it's your average Lego platinum. I liked how they took the game to new planets, I thought that made for some great and diverse environments. Got 100% through all of the DLC as well. Nothing much to say here besides that. I have no great tales to regale you with of my epic adventure to get this platinum. It was a Lego platinum. Calm down.

1S57285e.png

24. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie actually was my first date ever. The girl turned out to be crazy, but that's not the point. The point is, I have fond memories of this platinum, besides grinding XP to get all suits to maximum level. That was a chore. This platinum was more fulfilling than that relationship was, though. I'm a huge Spider-Man fan, and I'm liking the looks of the new Spider-Man game coming to PS4 (in 2017, I assume).

1S437e0d.png

25. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

I finally got around to the platinum in the final game of the Sly series. I went all out on this one. I printed a map for the bottles in Episode 3 and I made a checklist for the treasures in each Episode. That's dedication right there. Anyways, it's your average Sly game, and I'm really hoping that there's a Sly 5 in the future, since the hidden ending seemed to indicate that there would be.

1S8959f0.png

26. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

A lot of people like to hate on the Call of Duty franchise, but I actually find these games to be fun. Great graphics, decent story, and it's a game where I can just sit back and shoot things without thinking too much. That's all I need. The exos thing was a little extra, but oh well, it was still fun. My first ever Call of Duty platinum, probably going to be my last since other Call of Duty platinums are more difficult and I'll probably never get around to them as I drown in my endless sea of unplayed games (I blame flash sales and PS+).

1Sab762f.png

27. God of War

I bought this collection on the Vita because it was cheap. Once I got around the fact that the graphics weren't going to be super good, I had a pretty good time with this game, I liked it a lot better than I thought I would. Easy platinum (except for the damn challenge 10 in Challenge of the Gods). I like Kratos' story and his love for kicking ass and taking names, I can really respect that.

1S271e24.png

28. Goat Simulator

The game was cheap, funny, and an easy platinum. Flappy Goat wasn't hard, but I recommend the mobile game over this. Except I don't even recommend the mobile game in general, since that thing will make you want to use wooden spoons to take out your eyes. Anyways, it was silly fun. I won't be buying the DLC anytime soon since it costs about as much as I paid for the game for each pack. If on sale, I would.

1S4ef3cd.png

29. God of War 2

An even better sequel to an already great game. The Sisters of Fate, while not the most interesting characters IMO, did have a cool boss fight at least. Challenge of the Titans wasn't as bad this time, at least. Nothing in my memory stands out as a rage-filled moment because of this game. If you haven't played these games, I recommend you try at least one since they're actually more fun than they look.

1S18f57c.png

30. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered

Uncharted 3 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first "next-gen" game for PS3. I had played Lego Batman 2 and LittleBigPlanet on my PS3 previously, but once I fired this thing up, I was blown away by how amazing PS3 games could actually be. My introduction to PS3 gaming that had me hooked, so naturally I bought the Nathan Drake Collection for PS4 (since I love Uncharted) and ended up playing and platinuming this game first. I even got 100% completion with that DLC that was included.

31-40

Spoiler

1Seb8e3c.png

31. Apotheon

A freebie from PS+, and a damn good freebie at that. I love Greek mythology to begin with, so this game came along and I loved it right away. It had some pretty good combat, but Zeus' thunderbolt was super OP. Pretty fun platinum, minus the part where I had to go searching all over for all of the lockboxes and all of the rare weapons for their respective trophies. I never would've played this if PS+ hadn't offered it, and it was definitely something I'm glad that they offered.

1S518cff.png

32. Tales from the Borderlands

I already loved the Borderlands series for its art design and its humor. Somehow, Telltale managed to perfectly capture both while creating amazing characters like Rhys and Fiona. Favorite part was the finger gun fight scene, it was one of the few times a game has actually made me laugh out loud. Well done, Telltale. I eagerly await Season 2, because how could they not?

1S0baa81.png

33. Rocket League

A surprisingly fun game. This game is great for sitting down and playing a few matches when you have some spare time. Pretty easy trophy list, especially with the 500 km trophy being changed to 50 km, thankfully. Didn't feel like grinding all of that out. My final match for the platinum, I decided to go into 1v1 (which I have never really done in this game). After being down in the first 2 minutes, I came back and won the game against my opponent. Seriously, it was awesome. An epic finish for the platinum. By the way, the Hockey game mode is way better than the actual original soccer game that the game offers.

1S10037a.png

34. Unit 13

Another Vita game that caught my interest. I love 3rd person shooters, especially handhelds. I ended up going for 5 stars on all missions and got them all, which unlocked all the HVT missions for me legitimately (unlike people who used Near to just send people the final HVT missions instead of manning up and getting 5 stars on all of the missions in the game). Again, PS+ offered me a great game that I enjoyed all the way to the platinum.

1S9e21df.png

35. Sound Shapes

The campaign? Harmless fun. Beat School levels? Easy, free silver trophies. Death Mode levels? I would rather take my eyes out of the sockets with wooden spoons. Seriously, some of those levels killed me since they're partially skill-based and partially luck-based. I ended up deleting the game, came back to it over 2 years later, and I ended up finishing it. Death Mode levels weren't so bad the second time around since I entered the game knowing that it was going to be hell. Do not let the friendly facade of this game deceive you. Death Mode levels are no joke.

1S5eab99.png

36. Guacamelee!

I first started this game in 2014, then put it down right before the final Calaca boss fight, I still don't remember why I did that. I picked it back up about 2 and a half years later and it was better than I remembered. Another awesome platformer with a great combat system. Collecting all of the orbs to get the alternate ending wasn't nearly as hard as people make it out to be for me, the Tule Tree one was a bit tough but I still managed it in like 20 minutes. Awesome game to play on the Vita.

1S46aa7d.png

37. My Name Is Mayo

I just had to. A true gem of a game.

1Sf9dd86.png

38. Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Pretty funny game, it had some good lines that made me laugh. A freebie on PS+, I thought it was an entertaining game throughout. Plus, it's a pretty easy platinum. What more can you ask for? Although Hoagie sure took his time to actually pull out a hoagie while idle and start eating it. Seriously, this dude scratched his belly for like 15 minutes straight while idle and then finally decided to pop a hoagie into his mouth.

1S740aa6.png

39. Hitman GO: Definitive Edition

I originally bought this on my iPad years ago, I got to about the 2nd world. The puzzles got too complex for me to want to handle the further I got in, so I ended up using a video guide for quite a few tough puzzles. I'm sure I would've eventually figured it out, but I didn't want to go through that much extra work so I just used a guide. Good game for the price I paid, I picked it up on sale for less than $5.

1S8cfc8e.png

40. inFamous

So my original PS3 died back in May 2014, power just stopped working, and repairs wouldn't work. In October 2016, I finally bought a new PS3 because it was on sale (about $180 for a 500 GB). inFamous was the first game I played on my brand new PS3, as well as being my first platinum on my brand new PS3. I loved this game when I played it back in 2013, so I came back to finish the job. Collecting all blast shards? Annoying, but I got them all on my first go (not a member of the dreaded 349 club). I printed maps and everything, I went all out. Other than that, grinding out XP to get all Evil Karma power upgrades was kinda boring, but I finally got them all and got the platinum! :)

Spoiler

1Sfeeae9.png

41. Sniper Ghost Warrior 2

I picked this up on sale for about $2. I definitely got my money's worth. It's not a bad game, it's just....average. Nothing to write home about, although the sniping mechanics were clean (as I would hope in a game that has the word "sniper" in it). I didn't do the DLC since come on, it's $15 still. It doesn't add that much for $15, considering I got the entire game for $2, so I'm probably never going to touch the DLC because of the price. The multiplayer in this game wasn't fun, it was actually incredibly slow. The 2 WHOLE MAPS in the multiplayer weren't anything special, and all anyone ever did was hide in a corner waiting for someone to run straight down the middle of the map, but since everyone was hiding, nothing would happen. After 1 match, I couldn't do it. I ended up boosting the multiplayer trophies. Overall, I wouldn't go crazy spending money on this game, but if you see it cheap or you have it, it's at least worth a play.

Currently Playing:
inFamous 2
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Edited by lumphy101
  • Like 2